Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help Line Disconnects And Slow Speed

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant

I have been havng ongoing issues with my line for the past few months.

Constant Drops outs daily, I can see by connecting to the router that the WFI in the house is active and all working fine but the internet link is down.

I have been through the set-up online with agents numerous times over the past few months and have even had a TALK TALK engineer attend our house (£40 charge paid) who found no fault with our set-up and confirmed that there appeared to be a line fault.

The investigation went dead here and I then went through the whole process again with the online agents, who could find no fault, but could see issues on the line, they eventually reset the whole router. This sorted the low speed for a week, but not the disconnects.

We then ran a more line test and last week the issue was referred to OpenReach, on Saturday they you came back to say the fault was resolved. (No OpenReach Engineer attended so presume all external, or they just check if the line was active and then closed the case)

This has made no difference, we have disconnected many times over the weekend, including this morning and the line speed again is very sloe, I actually have to wait for icons to download on pages.

Various speed test show less 1meg connection then u to 10meg connection.

I have tried to run the service centre line checks and that says there are stability issues, but then crashes on the Line Check and say simply try later.

I really need to get to the bottom of this, Ive been lloyal to TalkTalk for many years and am finally on the verge of switching to another supplier like Virgin.

Please Help.... Ive paid for this to all be checked out yet am still suffering issues.....

Highlighted
Participant

Ive been through the whole process again with tech support who again can't find a fault, but can seem multiple drops.

There is obviously a fault somewhere, I have paid for TalkTalk engineers to visit and check the internal set-up and prove the Internal Wiring, Its been past to OpenReach who never showed up to check anything, i presume just checked the line was active again, not look at the constant drop outs.

Posting here was my last hope and as such as this case has been running for 40+ Days I have given up after many years with TalkTalk, i have taken the plunge and ordered Virgin Fibre.

Now to get out of the contract, but even if i end up paying for the remainder, at least i may stand a chance of been able to use the internet.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi scarlet,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you re-check and confirm if the telephone number in your Community Profile is correct?

Please do not post this information on this thread. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Updated, but still waiting for Cancelation team to call, its now been 3 days 😞

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi scarlet,

Just to confirm, would you like us to look into the stability and speed or would you like to discuss cancelling? If you would like us to take a look then please can you also add your TalkTalk home phone number to your Community Profile.

In regards to placing or discussing a cancellation, I'd recommend calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

thanks for the number, All Cancelled.