Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help getting my Talk Talk Installed

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

I ordered TT fibre broadband and telephoneover nearly three weeks ago. I received an order confirmation email with an installation appointment and go live date for today, 7 February.

On Wednesday, 5 February, I received an email and a text from TT saying that the engineers are coming today to install phone and broadband, and if I didn't let them know by 4 o'clock yesterday I would be charged.

I have received neither my welcome pack nor my router despite making contact with about this TT customer service, and the agent told me that they would be sent. .

I rang today after 1.00pm to find out if my appointment was going to happen and was told that the installation was not going to go through because the order had been cancelled. When I asked when and why and as my online account says differently an excuse was made about voice setup security not being finished . I obviously asked when this was requested and how it could be done as I don't have a line in yet no answer was forthcoming.
As I was not getting anywhere with the international agent I requested being transferred to the UK installation department so I can try and get better success . The agent tried and was said she struggling so as my phone battery was getting low I requested a call back from them which never happened.
I waited 45 minutes logged onto the account and noticed the account page had been changed (lucky for me I had copied the page before with no problems listed lol)in the meantime to contact another number as there was a problem with the fibre installation.
I contacted this number (unfortunately the same international call centre) and went through all the procedures again and was told that I had to cancel and reorder everything again as the order had a problem?
I refused to cancel and requested that my problem be escalated and I be transferred to the next level of management to be resolved as this situation was unacceptable
I was told that no one is available so I insisted on a phone number for me to contact myself note 0345 number? so not holding much hope

I lose my current services next week so wondered if anyone knows how to overcome this dreadful  problem quickly

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @garyd2

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Keith I never got it sorted and TT customer services  were terrible in resolving this problem.

Eventually they finally said I had to reorder all of my services again after over 3 weeks of positive order emails and appointments made (not honoured)  and which I refused as I didn't have time to do so (due to below) and they couldn't understand my request for them to resolve this issue themselves ASAP as it was their fault.

As I had notification from my current supplier that my telephone line was being cut off on the 15th February (today and was mainly due to TT contacting them to port my telephone number as I didn't give them notice until the week before in case there were any issues) and TT (despite me telling them that my current service was being cut off) not sorting anything out I had no choice to call my current supplier and go cap in hand for them to cancel my notice which they have done.

This is now going to cost me hundreds of pounds extra as I had to sign up for another year to enable this cancellation, which, added to the time taken off work taken to accommodate the failed installation by TT, the 0845 telephone costs and hours spent trying to sort this out is very frustrating to say the least.

I have decided to cool down before I decide how to sort the above out as I have been informed that TT are in Breach of Contract and there are ways to remedy this breach.

watch this space

Thanks John