cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help! supposed to be live yesterday and could be getting charged for an appointment i didn't miss!

5 REPLIES 5
Chatterbox

I was supposed to go live yesterdat. Due to covid restrictions, I was told the engineer would not be able to come in to my flat (understandable). When he arrived he said that he was told last night that he would not be able to give me any of the equipment to help him with testing because of the virus. Now Talk Talk are saying that I have missed my appointment, when i haven't???

So my queries are: who do i talk to, to make sure that a) im not charged for a service that im not receiving? and b) how do i go about setting up another engineer visit and going live again without being charged? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Dominic Vince
TalkTalk Content Team - TT Staff

Hi @Domvince I have passed this onto the team to pick up for you. 

Before we can look into your account please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

We’re working through a very large queue with a reduced support team at the moment, but we’ll help as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience 😊

Chatterbox

Hi @Taylerw that has been done now - thank you so much. 

Dominic Vince
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Domvince,

I'm sorry to hear this. The engineers will always try to activate the service outside the property first as they are not allowed to enter the property at the moment due to the guidelines for Covid-19 to keep both customers and engineers safe.

If you log into your My Account there should be an option to re-book this installation.

Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi 

Thanks for the response. I will rebook but when for? Obviously in the current climate there is no point in doing it now as the same thing will happen. I cant book for June  onwards as been suggested, but i dont want to get charged for the service that im not getting. Can you confirm that i wont be charged? 

Thanks 

Dominic Vince
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Domvince,

Sorry for the delay. It would be worth checking in My Account what dates it's suggesting and are available at the moment. Billing also won't start until the service goes live.

Thanks