We moved house Friday, gave Talktalk plenty of notice and were told 'go live date today'. However, as of yet, still no internet and wife and I working from home have had to take another days holiday. WOuld be nice if someone was available to talk to about this.
Can you please update your community profile to include your:
We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.
@jbarber84 have you had any communication from TT or Openreach saying your service has gone live ?
If you ordered Fibre 35 or 65 and did not need an engineer visit have you plugged in a handset and checked if your phone service is active ?
What light is showing on your router ?
@jbarber84, the phone number you were given and Chat, if you have enough data, open at 9am:
Chat shows with a blue background banner when available.
The Home Move page suggests this as the preferred number for contacting them:
It will be at the rate for 01 and 02 numbers etc from a mobile.
Forum staff only reply through the forum (as previously in this thread).
You should be alerted by Talktalk when the line goes live, but if you have still heard nothing by 9am, use Chat/phone or wait for @OCE_Michelle to get back to you on here.
Thanks for answering the security questions.
I'm really sorry about this, it looks as though the order has been delayed, could I just ask, did you speak to someone earlier about this?
I spoke to one of your overseas call centre colleagues this morning to try and ascertain what is going on. They said a cable or some such needed replacing and that would get one ordered right away. A delay is bad enough considering its impact on our jobs, but not being informed of this at any point makes it more of a problem. I don't anticipate I would have been told anything if I hadn't called and waited on hold for 20 minutes.
Can you advise (if you know something new) as to why the order is delayed considering how much notice we gave, why we weren't told about phone line problems discovered yesterday as well as if we have any option to cancel our contract and find someone new to provide service, as frankly this is unacceptable.
Sorry to sound like a moany cretin, but I can't see any valid excuses for the problems faced so far and continue to face.
Appreciate your time and loom forward to your response.
I can see that a complaint has been raised. It looks as though new tiepairs need to be issues, I'm really sorry about the delay. One of our complaint managers should be in touch to discuss the issue