Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Home move - go live delay

17 REPLIES 17
jbarber84
Sightseer

We moved house Friday, gave Talktalk plenty of notice and were told 'go live date today'. However, as of yet, still no internet and wife and I working from home have had to take another days holiday. WOuld be nice if someone was available to talk to about this. 

JB
martswain
Philosopher

0345 172 0046

Check the status of your move in your online account.

On connection day, the service can go live any time up until midnight so you should have made alternative arrangements for today anyway.

Martin
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jbarber84,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

jbarber84
Sightseer

Hello

Info updated. Please get in touch, as still not live.

Regards 

James 

JB
jbarber84
Sightseer

Thanks for advice, although there is no status on my account page. When clicking on pending orders, I get an error message saying 'try again later'. 

JB
jbarber84
Sightseer

Nearly 2 and a half hours until the magic go live deadline and still Zippo. Wife and I watching the hub with a bowl of popcorn in silent anticipation. 

JB
martswain
Philosopher

@jbarber84 have you had any communication from TT or Openreach saying your service has gone live ?

If you ordered Fibre 35 or 65 and did not need an engineer visit have you plugged in a handset and checked if your phone service is active ?

What light is showing on your router ?

Martin
jbarber84
Sightseer

No communication thus far.

Handset plugged in, cannot make nor receive calls therefore appears inactive.

Continuous white light since Sunday, but nobody home it seems.

JB
jbarber84
Sightseer

Nearly 6 hrs past deadline and still nothing. Both wife and I having to waste another days annual leave. This will be turning into a complaint as have been told nothing at all and have done everything well in advance I was meant to. 

JB
Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@jbarber84, the phone number you were given and Chat, if you have enough data, open at 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Chat shows with a blue background banner when available. 

The Home Move page suggests this as the preferred number for contacting them:

03451 720088

It will be at the rate for 01 and 02 numbers etc from a mobile. 

Forum staff only reply through the forum (as previously in this thread).

You should be alerted by Talktalk when the line goes live, but if you have still heard nothing by 9am, use Chat/phone or wait for @OCE_Michelle to get back to you on here.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
jbarber84
Sightseer

Ok, thank you.

JB
jbarber84
Sightseer

Morning Michelle

If you don't mind looking into before I try calling to resolve, would be most appreciated.

JB
OCE_Chris

Hi jbarber84,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

jbarber84
Sightseer

Hi Chris

I supplied additional info a while back now. Can you provide an update please?

Regards

James

JB
OCE_Chris

Hi jbarber84,

Thanks for answering the security questions. 

I'm really sorry about this, it looks as though the order has been delayed, could I just ask, did you speak to someone earlier about this?

Chris

jbarber84
Sightseer

Hi Chris

I spoke to one of your overseas call centre colleagues this morning to try and ascertain what is going on. They said a cable or some such needed replacing and that would get one ordered right away. A delay is bad enough considering its impact on our jobs, but not being informed of this at any point makes it more of a problem. I don't anticipate I would have been told anything if I hadn't called and waited on hold for 20 minutes.

Can you advise (if you know something new) as to why the order is delayed considering how much notice we gave, why we weren't told about phone line problems discovered yesterday as well as if we have any option to cancel our contract and find someone new to provide service, as frankly this is unacceptable. 

Sorry to sound like a moany cretin, but I can't see any valid excuses for the problems faced so far and continue to face.

Appreciate your time and loom forward to your response.

Cheers. James. 

JB
OCE_Chris

Hi James,

I can see that a complaint has been raised. It looks as though new tiepairs need to be issues, I'm really sorry about the delay. One of our complaint managers should be in touch to discuss the issue

Chris

jbarber84
Sightseer

Hello

Whilst internet finally up and running, still no contact from anyone at TalkTalk, no apology or no response from complaints team. Is anyone going to deal with this?

JB