would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Home page and my account.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cyanide
Team Player

Hi reported this issue last week, my home page which is set to talktalk.co.uk along with my account will not load, I get  cannot  reach this page make sure you have got the right web address. Sometimes I get cannot securely connect to this page, this might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. Other web pages load slower than normal at times, also have buffering issues watching live streams,  sometimes a router reboot works but usually have to factory reset, this puts things back to normal for hours then repeat.  Speed test results are fine, Support says my line and router are working ok, this issue happens with two different routers and three computers whether wired or wireless.

Ping tests sometimes are fine other times 50-75% packet loss.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @Cyanide

We are not seeing any other reports of the website being down,  Can you do the usual browser checks such as clearing cache and cookies. 

Tests are not showing any issues, would you like to try a replacement router? 

Highlighted
Cyanide
Team Player

Hi thanks for the quick response, have done the usual checks, a replacement router would be great, ping test results included,Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Cyanide

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Cyanide
Team Player

HI, received the router yesterday, it's now connected so will see how things are over the next few days, Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

OK, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

Highlighted
Cyanide
Team Player

Hi, got up this morning to the same issue with the new router, tried rebooting that made know difference, it seams the only way to temporally sort it is to factory restore the router, all other websites seam ok, Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Cyanide,

The next time this happens can you try switching the router off and back on, if this doesn't resolve the issue can you switch it off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris