cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I set up a Draytek Vigor 130 modem on my fibre connection?

13 REPLIES 13
FEdupcompletely
First Timer

Hi All,

I am having major issues getting a Draytek Vigor 130 modem to connect to my RTalkTalk service. Anyone got any ideas?

I am going to connect the modem to an ASUS RT-AC68U router one I have the internet through the modem.

Cheers

gartut200
Chatterbox

You will need to put in your login details into the DSL page and set it to VDSL

theheadski
Participant
Did you get it working ok?.. thinking of buying one myself.
FEdupcompletely
First Timer

Hi All,

Just a quick update.

I hadnt bothering to look at the set up for months due to other commitments. I now have a fully functioning connection using the Draytek Vigor 130 modem and my Asus Router.

The connection to fibre on TalkTalk is NOT PPoE as I had previously been told. It is IP.

If anyone else is having issues, let me know and I will post the settings I am using.

auribusteneolupum
First Timer

Hi

I will be setting one of these up very soon and would appreciate it if you could post your settings.  I suspect it will save me a lot of time and frustration.

If it helps I will be pairing the Draytek 130 up with a Netgear R7500v2

Thanks in advance for the help.

theheadski
Participant

when you get your Draytek 130 modem register it at the Draytek website then you get a log in to access there Product Knowledgebase. just search TalkTalk and there's a great pictorial step by step guide on how to set up the modem and then you just connect any router you want to the that and away you go.

Ive been running a vigor 130 modem and tp-link archer c9 for about 12 month's now on TalkTalk large fibre and its never let me down once... So much better than there horrendous super router.

Pepperm16
Participant

It would seem that since the 130 firmware update to 3.8.0BT the screens that are presented for config arent quite the same as the ones in the support pages here... 

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-isp-talktalk

I have got mine working with my Vigor 2860ac but cant manage the modem from the router as it just appears as a secondary WAN2 DHCP/IP connection and not as it would if the vigor130 settings were factor settings.

I do have issues now with remote connections into my LAN, issues that I am still trying to resolve.

robertosechas
First Timer

i have bt infinity 1 and i bought the tp-link archer c3200 and also the vigor 130 but when i connect the cable from the modem vigor 130 to my pc i dont have internet so i dont know hwat is the problem. just want to know what settings should i use for the modem vigor 130

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @robertosechas

Update the Vigor 130 to the latest firmware 130.3.8.1.2 if needed and then it should automatically configure itself for BT Infinity fibre connections.  If not, then if you're a BT Retail customer, contact BT for advice.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help  . . .  If I offered a solution Best Answer

theheadski
Participant

Have you been on the Daytek website to see it there is any setup for bt infinity with the vigor 130... I remember when i set mine up with talktalk fibre its wasn't just straight forward as plug and play it did need setting up properly... But i must say im still running the vigor130 and archer c9 and i cant fault them fast and reliable.

theheadski
Participant

This is the set up for talktalk vigor 130 fttc/ on the website there is pictures as well but t wouldnt let me copy and paste them hope this helps.....note the vigor 130 has login of http://192.168.2.1 to access menu which is different to access router.

These instructions will explain how to configure the router to use the DrayTek modem to connect to the ISP.

It is necessary to connect the modem to the Ethernet WAN port of the Ethernet router once the modem has been configured. The router would then establish the internet connection to the ISP through the modem.
1. Connect your computer directly to the modem's LAN port and access the DrayTek modem's web interface via your web browser, which will be accessible on http://192.168.2.1 by default. Enter the username of "admin" and the default password of "admin".
2. Browse to [Internet Access] > [General Setup], set the VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL2) setting to Enable. Set the Tag Value to 101.
The DSL mode can be set to "VDSL2 only" to speed up sync times but this is not required.
Click OK on that page to apply the changes.
VDSL image 1
3. Go to [Internet Access] > [MPoA / Static or Dynamic IP], select the Enable radio button at the top of the page to ensure that the MPoA (RFC1483/2684) bridge mode is enabled.
VDSL image 2
Click OK on this page to apply the changes and the modem will then prompt to restart. Click OK to restart the modem.
4. Connect the modem's LAN port to your router's Ethernet WAN port and set the router's WAN interface to receive an IP via DHCP.

Derbydave
First Timer

hello I read your post re Vigor 130 and Talk Talk

I am with UWclub.net and am also having problems

Would you seng me your Settings

rgard 

D J Reeve 

djreeve@msn.com

harvi
Wizz Kid
Excellent guide, the draytek ‘easy start’ leaflet just emphasised not to change anything... this guide eased the whole process!
Thanks
ajmccall
First Timer

I haven't bought a router yet, but I expected that I could use the Vigor 130 modem connected via ethnet directly to my laptop in the mean time.

Am I being a complete and utter moron here, as I just can't get internet access?

On the modem,
- DSL light is on, not blinking, so it should be "synchronized"

On the modem's admin web interface
- WAN1 is red

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 22.05.39.png

My general setup

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 22.05.52.png

Should I be able to access the internet without a router?

Cheers