cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How long until service stabilises (new customer)

77 REPLIES 77
seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

I'm a new user of talktalk faster fibre (bit of a misnomer that) and I'm wondering how long it will take for my service to stabilise?

The internet has been up and running for a least two weeks but I get regular drop out of service and very slow speeds at times: way below what I was told would be my minimum speed.

I'm still within my 30 days and considering changing providers again as the service so far has not been brilliant.

Community Team

Hi seriousreindeer,

Welcome to he Community

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your service, can you compete your Community profile and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi seriousreindeer,

Thanks for completing your profile 

Your current sync speed is 23.9Mbps which is just above the top of the predicted range for your line 

The line management system (DLM) has made a number of profile changes over the last few days which appears to be whats causing the disconnections but the last one was a couple of days ago - how's it been over the last 48 hours?

Thanks

Chris

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

Done, now what happens??

Community Team

Thanks, have you seen my previous post from earlier this morning?

Chris

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

It dropped out this mormning at 7.35

Ran a speed test and I was getting a mighty 0.59Mbps down and 0.1 up

Don't know where you get the 23 from as regular speed tests either over wifi or connected via cable nevershow anywhere near that.

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

Speed test just now.

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter
seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter
seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

Vodafone was always above 21Mbps, just a pity that their customer service is so shockingly poor.

Community Team

Thanks for the information

23.9Mbps is the speed the router is synchronising with the exchange equipment, throughput speeds (speed test results) are always lower, usually around 80% of sync speed

When you run the speed tests is the device that you're running the speed tests on the only device connected to the internet at the time?

Chris

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

yep, currently using the imac which is wired to the router. No other devices switched on

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter
seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

My concern is if I stay with Talktalk after the 30 days am I going to have the same speeds and dropout issues.

Community Team

I've checked the connection stats and there are no reconnections showing since the 9th,did the lights change on the router when the connection dropped?

Chris

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

No idea tbh, there is only one light on the router. I've just connected to the router and the download speed there says 25.4

Why don't I get anything near that in reality.

Community Team

Hi seriousreindeer

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter

I will do that now, but I have gone beyond the 30 day period and I'm now stuck with you guys so if it fixes things or not I'll have to just put up with it.

Community Team

Hi seriousreindeer

Please let us know what speed you receive following the 30 minute power down of the router. We can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

seriousreindeer
Conversation Starter