Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to edit the list of DynDNS providers on the Fast 5364-3 T8 router

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
lordtlaloc
Team Player

Hi

I have managed to configure the Fast 5364-3 T8 ver SG4K10002600t and port forwarded all the relevant ports required by my CCTV DVR. Everything is working as it should. I can view the cameras on my mobile and when I am away I can view the cameras over the internet as long as the WAN IP address is known.

As the TalkTalk service is Dynamic the IP address is likely to change at some point. 

To resolve this issue I have a DDNS account setup with my CCTV DVR manufacturer own DDNS service so when the IP address changes I can still view my CCTV.

The problem is that I cannot complete the setup as my DDNS provider is not listed and I can not add it.

Any hints how another provider can be added to the drop down list?

Thanks everyone

Highlighted
CraigMcK27
Participant

That's really interesting that you even have the DDNS option still showing. Mine vanished and was told it would be fixed in V2800t

I believe you can actually choose any (certainly on some routers) it's the settings you enter that do the work.

I've not had the chance to try it on mine, so can't be sure on the TT router

Highlighted
lordtlaloc
Team Player

Hi CraigMcK27

Thank you for your reply, I did consider selecting any provider name and entering my details. Now that I have actually tested my details under every provider, it reports an error every time when it tries to authenticate my DDNS domain.

I guess although the selection from the drop down menu is just a name "DtDNS, DynDNS, NoIP, EasyDNS", ETC. there will be some code behind that points to the relevant provider server and software that queries the router for "The Current IP Address".

As the hosting server is only hosting a "Web Name" it can not find my DDNS Web name details so it fails every time.

There must be a way to add a new DDNS provider or edit the router list, better still how about TalkTalk hosting a DDNS service for clients. It would be easier and cheaper than providing fixed IP addresses. Just a thought.

The DVR like a mobile is locked to the single DDNS provider (their own) it is hosted for free why wouldn't one use it? 

So Check Mate 

Highlighted
CraigMcK27
Participant

Hi

I'm not sure if DNS-O-Matic is on the list, you could look at that option. It's run by Open DNS and allows a single update from your router to be passed to various (or one) DynDNS operators