cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to order TalkTalk Openreach FTTP (Future Fibre)

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Indeed.  I'd be being connected tomorrow if I'd accepted BT's offer rather than wait for TalkTalk.

Scoob.

Highlighted
First Timer

I've placed the order with BT now, activation 12 August. I would have been happy to stay with TalkTalk if some kind of provisional date for their FTTP would have been provided.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Still no sign .?
Highlighted
Chat Champion

I think it will be soon,  within the next week or two. I've noticed that TalkTalk have undertaken maintenance over the last two or three  weeks on almost all the exchanges. They did several hundred last night alone. That has to be software type updates,  hopefully to cater for FTTP.  Fingers crossed as they are well behind the curve on this and are losing customers. I was going to leave mid June for BT full fibre 900 but there were references made that it would be deployed in July, so I'm hanging on for bit.

Cheers

Barney

Highlighted
Chat Champion

For the third time of trying I'll post this. 😡

My experiences and discussions with CEO's office over the last few days leads me to believe we should be able to order FTTP within two weeks. BUT, I've NOT been told this, I'm just adding 2+2. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
well I will be upgrading as soon as it come round to my neck of the woods
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Depending on price, length of contract and speed I'll upgrade as well. I want 1gb (or the equivalent of BTs full fibre 900). But if its not better then I'll go to BT though their pricing is a bit high and its 2 year contract (too long).

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I admit, the primary reason I'm waiting is in the hope of getting a slightly better price, and to avoid the potential faff of switching of course.

My current FTTC connection continues to degrade steadily, so I'll need FTTP before too long the rate things are going.  It's not just speed issues - though things are slowing - it's random unresponsiveness and other gremlins symptomatic of a poor connection.

Considering how much longer we're having to wait, I really hope it's an exceptional deal.  The base BT package is only £5 PCM more expensive than my current FTTC, but offers almost 10x the downstream and 30x the upstream.  That's a good deal, relative to the bandwidth uplift.

Scoob.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I think £5 less than BT would be a expectation, but I know someone who had ultrafast from Sky and it was pretty much the same price as BT, I think because BT dropped prices on ultrafast and it's caught out Sky.

Also I don't think Sky are doing the highest speeds, or at least not last I heard, and I'm guessing TT won't either, but we'll only know when they start to offer FTTP. It's not a worry for me, and also I know many who've ordered the highest speeds have been disappointed as the gear in their homes is unable to pass the speed on from ONT.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I can already get BT full fibre 900 for £55 as I get a £5 discount due to having a mobile phone contract with them so I'm hoping TalkTalk are around the £45 to £50. We'll see. Actually I'm surprised they haven't advertised it already and released prices.

My house has gigabit network throughout. Wifi won't be able to pass on the full speed right enough.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
I just want something reliable best hurry up, my Bt order goes live 3rd august
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

All of us around here got a letter through the post from BT about two weeks ago now.  Basically it's £5 PCM of their advertised pricing, plus of course they will buy you out of any remaining contract with another provider.

My hope is that this means BT are aware that the likes of TalkTalk will be a fair bit cheaper, so are trying to lock-in as many people now as they can with this offer.  Considering BT will pay up to £300 to buy you out of an existing contract, they seem really keen to get people to sign up now.

Scoob.

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Wow that's a great offer. I never got any such letter. Oh well lets hope it's worth the wait and talktalk are much cheaper.
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Just double checked and Sky have two products for FTTP, they are a 'soft launch', the person I posted about above ordered 150MB from Sky a month ago and it was for the same price as the equivalent BT product £39.99/m. Hopefully TT can do better than this, although I'm only looking for 40 or 80MB product, and I'm guessing it will be at the same price as the equivalent FTTC product, not sure if there will be a install/set up price, I would guess so.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
How find these? When I do availability check on sky no option for fttp.
Highlighted
Chat Champion

AFAIK you have to phone Sky, they are taking it slowly, and I'm not sure it's available nationwide. I fear TT might be doing the same, which leaves BT time to hoover up customers.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
So will we need ring TalkTalk as well because they generally clueless lol.
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Tristia has restated in the trading update released today that FTTP is coming this month

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Openreach called today about my BT order now refusing enter my flat because has communal entry :(. So looks like that’s getting cancelled and I have to wait longer and hope talktalk can do it once rules change.