cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to order TalkTalk Openreach FTTP (Future Fibre)

Colin59
Whizz Kid

That's a bummer, even when TT start taking orders they will have to abide by Openreach rules.

Drakz
Conversation Starter
Yea am unsure what to do now...
ferguson
Community Star

What is BT pricing? Wait and see what TalkTalk offer. That would be my approach.

ryanhavenhand
Chat Champion

What is faster 150 fibre? Is this FTTP or FTTC? It’s advertised on the website - https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband/gfast

Barneyabz
Chat Champion

It's a type of FTTC. Not available everywhere. 

martswain
Philosopher
The 150 service is FTTC and only available on certain cabinets.
BTOR have suspended upgrades until 2021.
Martin
ferguson
Community Star

That was yet another way of Openreach sweating the copper assets. We are all going to have to pay more soon for FTTP even though the government (i.e. the public) are essentially subsiding the infrastructure. 

Colin59
Whizz Kid

I would note that the 150 in link is gfast, and as above a FTTC product for those very close to the cabinet, there is also a 150 FTTP, but we don't know when and if TT are reselling that.

Brian Redhead
Popular Poster

I like a lot of you have fttp available. I cancelled tt to join bt. However things didn't go well as they failed to turn up at the appointment time and no one bothered to tell me the appointment was cancelled and rearranged for a later date. Contract cancelled not the best customer service. So I'm left connected to tt and the response of its coming soon is wearing a bit thin now. Fibre is available to the pole all I need is 5m of cable to complete the job, but no one other than bt can connect me. 😬😬😬😬😬😬

Drakz
Conversation Starter
Future fibre now website and after almost an hour on hold told not not available at my address 🤬🤬🤬🤬. Been there since before Xmas just can’t get someone give me service ....
Scoobierb5
Super Duper Contributor

I've got nothing showing in the My Account page regarding any FTTP upgrade options.  I'm NOT prepared to call TalkTalk's telephone helpdesk as they've constantly and consistently lied to me, even when I've directly challenged something they've said.  I do not trust them.

I'm perfectly happy to deal with any of the OCE's here, or sign up directly via My Account.

Where can I see the details of this new FTTP service at least?  It's not currently showing for me.

Edit: it seems to be showing now, had to refresh the page....checking it out...I see it wants me to call them, but I hope I don't have to!

Edit 2: Ok, I've had a good read through and all looks fine.  However, I wonder why it doesn't show up as an available product in My Account?

Scoob.

rustmacca
First Timer

Hi,

I contacted TT three times today...told different things each time. 

The last conversation I had advised that the official campaign starts at 10am on Friday 24th July.  Systems are down until the launch...so checking availability may be delayed until then.

Future Fibre 150 £34.95

Future Fibre 500 £39.95

The 900 is not available via TT...so if you want this you’ll have to go to BT until other providers offer it.   

ferguson
Community Star

TalkTalk appear to be offering FF 150 at an introductory price of £28 a month.

Scoobierb5
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for summarising, that's basically what the pricing page shows, so it's good the two match!

For me, even BT only offer up to 300mbps here, 900mbps is not available yet but it's thought it will come at a future date.

I'm actually pretty happy with the price, though I note Call Boosts have gone up a LOT (over 60%) compared to what I pay currently.  However, I think it'll still work out cheaper that way.

Hopefully as this is a new product roll-out the staff will actually be competent in handling it this time  I've had such very bad experiences in the past, which I could just deal with an OCE, as they've been consistently good.

I will bite the bullet and call TalkTalk tomorrow.  They can't deny it's available here as several of the neighbours already have it...off the very same pole our current line is connected to.

Scoob.

Scoobierb5
Super Duper Contributor

@ferguson  There's Faster 150 Fibre for £28 PCM - I assumed that's still FTTC, whereas Future Fibre 150 is £34.95, but that is full FTTP.  Just going from the current pricing information shown on the website here.

That said, there is some inconsistency, with a Faster Fibre 300 package being mentioned, but the only 300 package is "Future Fibre 300".  Though it does go on to say that Faster Fibre 150 can be upgraded to 300...

I really hope the Basic proper FTTP 150 package is indeed £28 PCM, as that's a good price.  BT have an offer currently for FTTP 150 for £35 PCM, so this undercuts it nicely.  We'll see how my phone call goes tomorrow.

Scoob.

ferguson
Community Star

My bad, I think I got it wrong, sorry.  😟

Scoobierb5
Super Duper Contributor

No worries, it's not entirely clear...would be a cracking deal though.

Scoob.

Colin59
Whizz Kid

The first thing is to check with Openreach, https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

If you are listed as having 'full fibre' then TT should have the same info, note sometimes Openreach database can be wrong then it gets difficult.

ferguson
Community Star

@Colin59 I think we know that, the frustration has been that many here confirmed that it is technically available, but only now are TalkTalk beginning to provide it. As TalkTalk have their own checker it is probably best to use that to be absolutely sure. 

Barneyabz
Chat Champion

Damn, they re not offering the 900mb version, so much for waiting for TalkTalk to get their act together. Very annoying.