Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to to set up 2 Sagemcom Fast 5364 routers on the same network

6 REPLIES 6
Dazzathestag
First Timer

I want to add a further 5364 in another part of the house purely to extend the WiFi coverage. The house is networked with Cat 5 so I simply want to plug in the second router by Ethernet to produce further WiFi on the same network name and password. I have done this with older routers successfully.

I know I need to turn off the DCHP on the second router but when I try this the dashboard then says the IP addresses on that page are invalid and i cant change them to anything that allows the page to save.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to do this - I understand these routers are more restricted than older ones but surel there must be a way to do this ?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

What firmware are you running on them?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Dazzathestag
First Timer

On my main router that I have had a while it is SG4K10002600t but I know that the router that I have just added has an older version on there SG4K10001400t. I have read that I would need to download a file to update it but i dont know where to find it ?

Do you think a later version may help ?

KeithFrench
Community Star

Yes, 2600 fixes that issue. You can't download the firmware though, only TT can do that for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Dazzathestag
First Timer
Ok thanks - I have swapped the routers around so the latest firmware is the one i need to switch off the DCHP on, so all is working now - thank you
Do i have to ask for the latest firmware and if so how ? Do they never update them automatically ?
KeithFrench
Community Star

The enhanced remote management system they use will probably only ever see the router that is connected to the incoming line. Yes they do update automatically to the latest version on their servers, but only firmware that is on general release. You can always ask n here for it to be updated.

Keith

Community Team

Hi Dazzathestag,

How are you getting on? Would you like us to update the firmware for you?

Thanks