cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Huaway woes

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
ChrisJH
Sightseer

Hi..sorry to be a pain I posted this elsewhere then saw the start a new topic...so duplication I'm afraid but here we go again

Ihave the HG633 ... switched from EE on 5 Dec 2017.. from an ordinary connection to fibre

Put the supplied router in as specified and connection was made...however.....so far it has needed rebooting almost every day.. twice it has failed to reconnect and only did so when the line was checked - which came back as no errors on the line...but hey presto the internet lights came on again

Always it starts off fine, then slows and slows until it becomes unresponsive...once I couldn't even raise the router page and had to manually turn it off rather than reboot

however after a reboot it is immediately back to good performance...never had anything like this with my TPlink 9980

almost at wits end with it...then I read on here about a software update...........

hmmm ???

looking in maintain it states that it is currently running

Hardware version: H.1.01

Software version: v1.21t

Any chance of updating the software…please

Chris Huff BA, PGDip, MA. Archaeologist & Author
KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

V1.21 has a bug in it affecting streaming video, particularly sith a PS4, Xbox or Firestick.

I will escalate this now for you to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will investigate it for you.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

ChrisJH
Sightseer

Cheers for assistance just to know that I am being taken seriously and the issue is being investigated is all I could ask

Chris

Community Team

Hi ChrisJH

I've updated the router firmware for you, see if this is better.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

ChrisJH
Sightseer

cheers man...I was wondering when it just went down and restarted 8-)

I'll give it a week, see how it goes and report back

thanks you for attending to this for me - truly appreciated

C

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Glad to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat