Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei Hub DG8041w 2.4 wifi died

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Strange one today...

Wifi dropped but only 2.4ghz died, I use the same SSID name but could tell by the device connection details. Wired and wifi 5ghz was fine. Was down until I logged in to router and turned Wifi off and then on again. 

Any ideas why? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Hiltophouse

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is this now working ok? If this continues to happen then we can send a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Had a similar issue this morning but it resolved within a few minutes so unable to confirm if it was just the 2.4ghz or all. 

I have the logs from both events if it helps troubleshooting?

I was put on Firmware update trial for a reboot issue a little while back, not sure if related.

My firmware is v1.06t

Highlighted

Hi Hiltophouse

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I've done a physical reboot now and will see how it goes. I do have the other Sagemcom Hub I could revert to but that has issues with blocking internet generally whenever a very large upload is taking place hence want to stick with the Huawei. 

Highlighted

Hi Hiltophouse

Ok, If it does keep happening then we can send another Huawei WiFi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Lost 2.4ghz wifi again yesterday afternoon.

All wired devices and those connected to 5ghz were all fine

Off and on again of the 2.4ghz SSID bought it back...happy to share logs if it helps.

Highlighted

Hi Hiltophouse,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you happy for us to send a replacement router for testing purposes?

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Yes please, I'd like to stick with Huawei hub as that seems to balance large uploads better. 

Highlighted

Hi Hiltophouse

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Debbie I only got around to change router on the 26 Oct. Its mainly been ok until yesterday....in the morning all wireless devices lost internet, but nothing obvious shows in logs and it came back before any more troubleshooting could take place. The DSL connection was still current for days so must have been router side.

Then last night we had a complete router crash with this message:

2020-11-02 13:26:11 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:WEB(192.168.1.19),Result:Success,Type:Logout,Username:admin
1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER
2020-11-02 19:26:26 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2020-11-02 19:26:26+00:00], uptime is [66s].

I did get that before on the previous DG8041 but @OCE_Karl arranged to update my firmware to 1.06. I note my current one is on 1.05. https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Huawei-Hub-DG8041w-reboot/td-p/2584844

Is it worth you pushing the update? Although maybe that was causing the 2,4 wifi drops?

I just want it all working.. 🙂

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi, just had the reboot again...

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER
2020-11-04 10:11:31 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2020-11-04 10:11:31+00:00], uptime is [73s].

Highlighted

Hi Hiltophouse

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version.

I have also checked the connection stats and I can see re connections on the line but the line test is clear.

If you don't reboot the router will the connection re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Debbie The firmware I had before was done by the product team due to the crash, but as I say not sure if that was the cause of my 2.4 wifi issue.. 

To answer your question, yes it does reconnect itself.

Highlighted

Hi Hiltophouse,

How has it been since you had to reboot on Wednesday?

Chris

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Chris 

It HAD been ok, no other surprise reboot  (I needed to power down once due to electrical work) BUT....just got a reboot now...  😞

2020-11-11 16:26:17 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2020-11-11 16:26:17+00:00], uptime is [50s].

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Had another reboot this morning..it appeared that 2.4 wifi had dropped but 5 was ok, was logging in to switch 2.4 wifi  off/on but before I could the whole router rebooted. 

2020-11-17 11:26:43 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:WEB(192.168.1.17),Result:Success,Type:Login,Username:admin

2020-11-17 11:30:10 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2020-11-17 11:30:10+00:00], uptime is [49s].