Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Hub not connecting to Internet

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi all, new Talktalk customer here 

My go live date was yesterday (22nd Aug) and I set up my Talktalk WiFi Hub (Sagemcom version) yesterday, but the Amber light just flashed constantly. Left it as 'go live' can go up til midnight, but this morning the Amber light is still flashing, no change. Tried turning off and on (both on router and at wall), tried using the reset button, and tried using the spare microfilters and cables all to no avail.

No email to confirm line activation yet; my Talktalk account says 'there's been a bit of a delay'; the Talktalk service centre says 'we have not been able to identify your router or its software version'. Any advice on what I can do to get my Internet up and running?

Thanks 

Wilf

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

Sounds like the internet at your exchange has not yet been activated.

Best let an OCE on Monday checkout the issue for you.

Like all installations TT are reliant on Openreach doing the connections.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks Paul, I'll wait for an OCE response. Here's some info for them when they get on the clock - I managed to borrow a handset to test the phone line and can hear nothing when I lift the receiver, and when I call my new Talktalk number from my mobile, the call never connects. This is the case when I plug the phone into the Openreach Master Socket, the Virgin Media socket, or the plain unmarked socket. I've seen the 'test the phone line' trick crop up a few times so thought I'd try it out and report back before the OCE people see this post!

Cheers

Wilf

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Wilf,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. It does look as though there's been a bit of a delay. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. I'm sorry to hear this. I've requested an update on this now and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Wilf,

I've been advised that there had been a delay and that an update is due today.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Michelle

Unfortunately, I didn't receive any updates after either of your last replies. Nothing has changed since my original post, so if an update is available for the status of our internet connection/when we might be up and running, it'd be great if you could let me know. 

Thanks

Wilf

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've chased for another update on this now.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Wilf,

I've now received an update to advise that an engineer has been arranged for 07/09/2020 AM to the property. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Michelle, @OCE_Chris

No-one showed up today. I have been in the house the whole day as to not miss the engineer visit, but there has been nothing, and no further updates or word from TalkTalk. There has been no change in the light on the WiFi hub (still flashing orange) and no change on the phone line when I try the handset (still dead silent). I would really appreciate some actual updates on this if possible.

Thanks 

Highlighted

Hi Wilf,

I'm really sorry about this. I've escalated this over as a complaint to our CEO Team and have asked them to pick this up and investigate this ASAP. They should also make contact with you as soon as possible.

Thanks