cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I am trying to cancel my contract but I am not getting a call back to discuss this?

11 REPLIES 11
Chatterbox

I am trying to cancel my fibre broadband contract due to the poor customer service during COVID 19. I have been told on 3 occasions now that the matter will be escalated and I will be contacted within 48hrs and this has never happened. Surely this is against Ofcom rules not allowing customers to cancel when they with. I was within the 30 guarantee period however due to lack of contact this has now passed. I'm angry as I'll now have to pay termination fees to leave. Has anybody else experienced this?

Community Star

I suggest you talk to the loyalty team and quite dates and times to them. I see you have a previous post here and received different advice to what you are quoting.

I understand 0345 172 0046 is currently working. Ask for Loyalty or say leaving TalkTalk when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.
They are currently working Monday - Friday 10am-6pm

Cancellations cannot be conducted via this forum, not can staff phone out.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Chatterbox

The lines are closed. There's a message saying they've had to temporarily close the line. It's an absolute shambles to be honest. 

Community Star

It's open during the hours I mentioned.

try tomorrow.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Popular Poster

I feel your pain, I am trying to transfer my broadband to my new house and keep getting the same answers. The customer service with Talk Talk compared to the other companies I have had a deal with in regards to moving house is terrible. I did speak to Consumer advice on this matter and they did suggest that if you are not receiving the service you are currently paying for that is is possible to cancel your contract. I know that does not help you straight away but at least you know you can. I suggest speaking to them as they also launch a formal complaint to trading standards. 

Chatterbox

The phone line is operational but the Loyalty/ Cancellations department isn't available. They've closed the department down. Try yourself and you'll realise. 

Community Star

They are working. I spoke to them myself today.

As said try in the morning after 10.

Chatterbox

Ok I'll give them a try. 

Cheers,

Regards. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi AdamJW93,

As fr8ys has said, the lines are open, just following the prompts for the Loyalty team

Chris

Chatterbox

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've managed to get through to the Loyalty Team today and I spoke to Jack. He was really helpful and managed to get the cost down of my contract below the cost of what Vodafone was offering. Really helpful. 

Community Star

Good to hear.

Community Team - TT Staff

That's great Adam, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris