cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I have to reboot my router constantly

14 REPLIES 14
Popular Poster

Hi I have the same problem as here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Have-to-reboot-router-constantly/m-p/2311254#M21...

I came up with a novel solution of a kind in that things get better roughly for 24 to 48 hours after a reboot. So I fitted a timer switch to my router to reboot it once every 24 hours. But this isn't really an ideal solution.

Please resolve.

Thanks.

Community Star

Does the router's downstream line rate displayed by the router cause you to do this, or is a speed test on a device? If speed tests, what is the router's downstream line rate when the problem happens? How is your device(s) connected to the router Ethernet cable or WiFi, if both, is Ethernet better than WiFi?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jebus1967

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

OK I did as you requested. But you need to send me a new router. Even doing my timer reboot trick doesn't work any more. In these times having a reliable routeris crucial.

Hi jebus1967

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

OK. It arrived and maybe it'll work. Idk. But what's the router web address and admin password? It had a card attached to the back of it with the Wifi password, but not the admin/web interface address and password. I know you'll probably need to PM me this. I need this to change the admin password and configure my home network. Also what do I plug into the WLAN port on the router? Thanks.

Hi jebus1967

Thanks for your reply.

There should be a sticker on the back of the router for the router admin details/password, this is separate to the wireless details.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

This is awful. I had to rebuild my entire home network because of this router, including reconnecting 72 smart connected devices and associated services, only to find that it's incompatible with my Harmony home hub. I'm disabled and control everything in my home with my voice, which is why I have my home adapted with so many smart devices. I have had to buy modem/router from Amazon because of this, which cost me £82. I bought this one here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LFGTEI6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It cost me £82 because the one at £69 isn't available for several days and I can't live without my Smart Home and my adaptions for that long. So I had to pick a seller who said they were able to deliver this Friday - which is probably quicker than you could get another router to me. Although having said this if you could send me another router to test I could always send this one back. This whole day has been wasted. It's been a complete nightmare.

Not many technical things defeat me. I will crack at things like this relentlessly until I get them to work. Believe me I have tried everything you can possibly imagine. If you can't send me a different router to test, then please can you offer some compensation for the expense and inconvenience I have endured as a result of this?

However I'll need to know what settings to enter and where for this new router arrives on Friday? Please can you tell me this and be as detailed instructions of what settings to enter as possible?

I don't know why the last router gave up the ghost so suddenly. It worked very reliably for over 3 years, without a glitch. Then one morning a few days ago it suddenly decided not to play ball any more and none of my smart devices could connect to it.

Hi jebus1967,

Apologies for any inconvenience, I've ordered you a different make and model of router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

Popular Poster

Please can you give me detailed instructions on the settings for the router I bought from Amazon in case the one you sent doesn't work either? Thanks.

Hi jebus1967,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've included a Help Article below,

Set up a non-TalkTalk router

Thanks

Popular Poster

Well thank goodness I did buy my own router is all I can say. The replacement router you sent was identical in every possible way to the last one you sent. Why would that make any difference at all to the problems I was having? I'm still out of pocket too.

Hi jebus,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see from OCE_Chris's last post that he did request a different make and model and I'm sorry that you received the same one. Is the connection now stable with your router?

Thanks

Popular Poster

I would still like to try another make/model so I can return the one I bought, thanks.

Hi jebus1967

Can I just check before I order the router, do you currently have/received the Huawei Wifi Hub?

Thanks

Debbie