Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I will be moving on

14 REPLIES 14
Gedrog
Team Player

So over the weekend all went well no issues no drama's Previous post they even sorted out my less than 50 meg speed Today Openreach Engineer turns up test the line and he is happy that everything is hunky dory But do you think I can get any of my routers to work Both of them shows that the VDSL link is up but no IP First hub the prima donna router just sits their blink for ages and stops at amber solid no white light in sight the below tells me the line is fine but it is not able to get a connection to Talk Talk 

Aparently Tommorrow I get a new router if I have the same issue I will be cancelling the service because no matter how many times I tell the support team there is nothing wrong with the broadband line the more they want to test it 

I must have powered off and on the device several times today without success 

I have been a customer of PIPEX and have gone through all the flavours till now, but if this is not resolved by tommorrow I talking with my boots and walking away, and I will see you later I am still in my period of decision I regret the decision of even thinking of upgrading to this solution. 

The more you tell them turning it off for thirty minutes or an hour makes no difference the more they want to groundhog you. Turn it off for thirty min and power it back on contact us if doesnt work. 1 hour later powered on let it through all its motions Hi sir just going to check your line but but you told me to come back to you sorry sir need to do the check, 30 min later can you please turn off the router and contact us if it is stilll the same 30 to 60 min even more later same line.

If this is not resolved I am moving on 

xDSL Status UP Connection Time 00h40m42s Link Status UP Standard VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B) Line Encoding DMT Link encapsulation ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM) Downstream Upstream Actual Rate [Kbps] 50365 10871 Maximum Rate [Kbps] 48991 10871 Noise Margin [dB] 0 6 Attenuation [dB] 20.9 0 Power [dBm] 13.1 7

I want what I am paying for
Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I'm really sorry to hear this and please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Gedrog
Team Player

I personally think the both routers are fine 

The VDSL Line is Fine

I think it is my account or configuration of it that is not allowing me to lease a broadband IP from the Talk Talk broadband DHCP server.

I had this foreboding sense when I upgraded, I should have followed my instincts and moved to another provider no legacy tomb stones left over in my account from days gone by.

But I will find out if this is the case when the new router is arriving later today 

I will then face talk talk's ever so expert customer tech support, because I think it needs a bit deeper digging.

Than Line test

Power off

Power on in 30 minutes

Only to go through the same useless cycle again

Line status

Line 1 Information      (VDSL2 Firmware Version:  576D17_A/B/C   with Vectoring support )
  ProfileStateUP SpeedDown SpeedSNR UpstreamSNR Downstream
  17ASHOWTIME10,925 (Kbps)52,666 (Kbps)6 (dB)5 (dB)

WAN Staus suggests that it is not being asigned a IP address 

This particular router Dratek Vigor 2860 has a help page in Draytek support forums on how to set up the router for TALK TALK, FTTC because it is not really fibre is it?

WAN 1 Status>> Renew 
  EnableLineNameModeUp Time 
  YesVDSL2 DHCP Client00:00:00 
  IPGW IPTX BytesTX Rate(Bps)RX BytesRX Rate(Bps)
  ------0 (B)00 (B)0
Gedrog
Team Player

Hey what do you know 

New router Arrived stilll no connection 

xDSL

StatusConnection TimeLink StatusStandardLine EncodingLink encapsulation
UP
00h08m44s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)
 Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]
DownstreamUpstream
Community Team

Hi Gedrog

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is the replacement router connected at the test socket? Did you use the new cables and filter? I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Gedrog
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Been through customer support and they ahve raised a ticket REP-4933544

for it 

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance via the Community.

Thanks

Gedrog
Team Player

Unfortunately I am not getting along another 24 hours without Broadband 

I told them on Friday the 8th that Line is fine etc. I am just not being assigned an IP as I was still able to log on using PPPoE that makes it that.

• Upgrade hasn’t worked for 5 days
  • Two days officially without broadband ast the PPPoE authentication was shut down

I have even tried my static IP 81.6.247.193 that I was assigned on March 2003, bit still no success I believe I have to upgrade to a business package to get a static IP address now.

Mobile data Package is 3/4 depleted so soon I will have to purchase more mobile data, if that is the case I may as well start looking for a supplier that is more capable because I have been telling the helpdesk people there is something more wrong than just the basic stuff.

I even told the team when I signed up for the upgrade that downtime must be limited as I am a home office worker 

Siphelele: 

I shall also advise that we will take over your line from your current broadband as we now only offer bundled services as one package.

George: and after 18 months
George: as long as there is no impact to me as I say I work from home
Siphelele: 

This plan cost £38.50 on standard charges so it means after 18 months it will revert to £38.50. But you can always negotiate a better deal then.

George: ok sounds good
Siphelele: 

I shall also advise that we will take over your line from your current broadband as we now only offer bundled services as one package.

George: My broadband is with you or are you refrencing my landline with BT
Siphelele: 

That is correct.

Siphelele: 

I mean we will have to take over the line from BT and bring it over to TalkTalk in order for to be able to take this deal.

George: Line rental and broadband is inclusive in the price
Siphelele: 

That is correct George.

George: ok so when will this take place
George: and what is the expected downtime
Siphelele: 

You will be provided a go live date as we have to take over the line. It could be 1 hour or less.

George: ok sounds reasonable let’s do it

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back. If you don't hear back within the next few hours then could you bump your thread again and we can re-check this again.

Thanks

Gedrog
Team Player

Still havent heard anything and no status change 

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've received confirmation from our Network Team that they are still looking into this at the moment. 

Thanks

Gedrog
Team Player

Unfortunately your apologies, doesn’t help me because if I had a penny for every apology I have heard this week then I would be a rich man.

What do you do with a service provider that fails to deliver their service and you have to pay another service provider to deliver the service you need from your service provider?

Community Team

Hi Gedrog

I've contacted our Network Team again for an update and they have advised that further updates should be available within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Gedrog
Team Player

I would not announce that so proudly, that means you have stolen a week’s service from your paying customer, I am now paying a fortune in mobile charges, I depleted all my quick purchase options and now forced to upgrade my Mobile data plan just too able to keep working, so you can clearly understand why I am not very happy at present, and the reason I have effectively terminated my contract but as you advised I have to wait till Mid-March before the service is effectively terminated so keep going next we will discuss this debacle with consumer rights watchdog.

As a long standing loyal customer of yours I am not very happy because the company I have loyally supported has absolutely no loyalty to me, they did not listen to me repeatedly telling them there is nothing wrong with the line instead you kept dragging out the proper fix, I'd like to see you when you keep having to fork out money to pay to keep working up till now this has cost me £50
but hey you just work there right

Community Team

Hi Gedrog

I can raise a Complaint so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie