Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IPv6 availability

ANSWERED
27 REPLIES 27
First Timer

Approximately a third of all internet traffic is now IPv6.

Almost all other ISPs have supported IPv6 for many years but TalkTalk is still behind.

When will IPv6 be available through TalkTalk?

Community Star

Hi Stannaz, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. I think we all would like to know the answer!

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Insightful One

I also would like to know this as Sky & BT completed theirs like 3 years ago even Virgin is on the verge of rolling it out.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi All

We have requested further information in regards to this and we will post back as soon as we receive this information.

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

Every other post inquiring about IPv6 has the same response.

Do you get ignored by the engineers/higher ups or do you forget to update the posts?

Thanks

Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi Stannaz

Apologies for the delay.

TalkTalk is committed to transitioning to IPv6. To minimise any potential impact to our customers and services, the transition will be phased over the next few years as we roll-out new products and services such as fibre to the premises.

We continue to work closely with our network and systems vendors to ensure all new equipment is fully IPv6 compliant. In fact, our network already operates as dual stack, using IPV4 compliant addresses while the major network components are IPV6 ready.

First Timer

Hi,

Although it seems TalkTalk will have a very stretched and delayed IPv6 deployment timeline in comparison to other ISPs, I appreciate the informative response.

Thank you.

First Timer

Did any one figure this put I leep getting fobbed off my son can not use xbox live because of not getting ipv 6

Super Duper Contributor

Yeah (I got a canonical response via one of their resellers)

Talktalk have no plans whatsoever to offer it in the next 12 months (at least - more likely 2-3 years - the actual response I got was "ever").

If you were promised it as part of signing up then take it up with your local trading standards. If you're being strung along, take it up with Trading Standards

Ofcom and the ASA WILL NOT pursue lack of IPv6 as "not full internet" or misleading advertising claims and the various "consumer advocacy" sites such as thinkbroadband are not interested in taking up the cause, claiming it's too much effort.

"OK, now you need to reboot your computer. .... Um, sir, please stop kicking it."
www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/helldeskcable.html~content
Community Star

Hi @Katieandmark could I suggest you start your own thread if you would like assistance?

According to Microsoft Xbox does not require ipv6 but does support it.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
First Timer

Is ipv6 available yet? I have been waiting years... 

Jake Davidson
Super Duper Contributor
NO - and there are no official plans to make it available, despite the statements of staff in these fora.
"OK, now you need to reboot your computer. .... Um, sir, please stop kicking it."
First Timer
i know the feeling mate..talktalk has had yrs to sort this out..but instead they concentrate on new products instead of improving the *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* they already have..
First Timer
whether xbox live requires it or not..the large benefits of ipv6 out weighs the excuse that it does not require it...for us that use xbox live and NEED!!! ipv6 for higher quality of gaming and experience is a paramount requirement and NEED!!
Super Duper Contributor

This thread is now nearly 12 months old and we are no nearer finding our if TT will ever convert fully to ipv6. This is simply not acceptable. I have had to implement my own solution locally to get access to ipv6 only websites but it is less than ideal. Practically all the available user equipment these days is ipv6 capable and I fail to see why this is not also the case with the TT infrastructure. Perhaps we could get an update from the CEO as to why they are dragging their heels, it's not as if they only just found out!

Stuart

Super Duper Contributor

Other threads on the exact same topic date back more than 10 YEARS with TalkTalk staff offering the same non-answers

I've switched entirely away from TalkTalk (including wholesalers - who initially said they would be offering IPv6 "real soon now" to get my sale in the first place when I left TalkTalk retail)

My new ISP (Zen) provided IPv6 within 24hours of the connection going live and it's much more stable than using a HE tunnelbroker service

First Timer

It's more than a year since this post, how is the TalkTalk commitment to IPv6 going to manifest itself?

Super Duper Contributor
The notable silence from TalkTalk staff should tell you about that
Community Star

The question was answered in post number 6.

Super Duper Contributor
....with the exact same answer that was being given in 2008

There's a hint there