Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Improving my connection for gaming

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi FireHe

Thanks for your reply.

At the moment we are only arranging home visits for total loss of service faults for vulnerable customers. 

Would it be ok to post back on this thread in a month or so and we can then look at this again?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, that would be fine debbie, talk to you soon. 🙂

Growing in Power
Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I have noticed that i am unable to change my wi fi channels for 2.4 ghz. Everytime i change it i notice after a short while it returns back to channel 11. My router has always been on channel 11 and there does seem to be interference on it.  From what I understand, there is a wi fi optimization technology that monitors and changes the channel itself. As others on this community have also requested and received, I to would like to have this wi fi optimisation technology turned off for my line so that i csn monitor and change the channels as i see fit.

Thank you.

Growing in Power
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have manually changed the channel of 2.4 ghz to 2 and i saw an instant improvement. As expected, the router changed the channel back to 11 and i began having issues again.

Growing in Power
Highlighted

Hi FireHe

Apologies for the delay.

I have switched off the Wifi Optimisation, please let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi debbie,

Yes, there was an improvement when I was allowed to change the channel manually. I had noticed that the channel was staying the same after I would change it. This morning I was having issues with interference with my 2.4ghz devices so I decided to double check the wifi channel again to see if the optimisation was still off, and it turned out that the router is once again ignoring my manual changes, meaning the wifi optimisation has been switched back on.

I am hoping you will be able to perminently disable this setting. By the way, I did reset my router, I was wondering if this affected the setting at all.

Growing in Power
Highlighted

Hi FireHe

I've checked and this is still switched off on your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I tested it multiple times throughout yesterday and the wifi channel would revert back to its designated channel every single time.

I have justed tested to see if the channel would keep my change and it has done so.

This gives me reason to believe that someone on your team, an OCE_, or another talkytalk employee has seen my post and has changed the setting themselves without confirming it in this forum page. I would kindly ask that any changes to the account be notified here in this forum page for me to be made aware.

Thanks again Debbie for your help😁 I would like to ask though, does resetting my router revert the wifi setting?

Growing in Power
Highlighted

Hi FireHe

I've checked and I can see that's still switched off. Resetting the router shouldn't revert the changes.

Is this still affecting the performance of the connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank you for that information. At the moment everything is fine, I will continue to monitor the situation.

Growing in Power
Highlighted
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Firehe I have exactly the same problem as you, have done for the last 6months, and recently I tried using a hotspot from the 3 network with poor download and upload speeds, which gave me a much more lag free experience, it’s crazy, seems talk talk must analyse packets so in depth that creates latency. All I can say bro, is it seems so unfair on gamers to sell a product which is completely useless for our needs, but if you wanna watch a movie it’s great, they should change there advertising as this to me is fraudulent.

Donny
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Could someone please turn off wifi optimisation, if that could help, i’ve Never even heard of this option, or been given the choice, but I have had exactly the same things happening, great streaming browsing and downloading, gaming abysmal, thank you.

Donny
Highlighted

Hi JAMSROO7,

If you still need assistance with this can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thx Chris will do.

Donny
Highlighted