Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Inconsistent Fibre Broadband

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant

I posted about my inconsistent Fibre Broadband service 27 days ago and since then the service has stabilised to around a download speed of 5 mps (still not brilliant but hey at least it's working!). 

What I would like to raise though is that whenever there is heavy rain with a bit of wind, like in the last few days, our internet seems to drop out much more than usual and today we've had no internet to speak of until this evening when the rain stopped and it calmed down. Why does this happen?

The other thing I'd like to ask is that I recently renewed my TalkTalk contract; this seemed like a good idea especially as I believed I would be getting a new router (we've had ours for several years now). However, no router has arrived. Can anyone confirm whether a new router is part of a new contract please.

Many thanks!

It's a dangerous business going out of your door, you step into the road and if you don't keep your feet there's no knowing where you'll end up
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi chriss23

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault. When there is heavy rain and wind do you experience any noise on the line when making calls?

I can also see a high number of re connections showing on the line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie, In answer to you question, no, we don't get any noise on the line when making phone calls. Weather just seems to affect the broadband for some reason.

I've just run a broadband speed test having mentioned that our download speed seemed to have settled to around 5 mbps. Today it is just over 2 (2.13). The weather is fairly calm here today but it's going to be windy and wet tomorrow so I'll check again then.

It's a dangerous business going out of your door, you step into the road and if you don't keep your feet there's no knowing where you'll end up
Highlighted

Hi chriss23

Thanks for your reply.

If you are still experiencing this fault then please let us know and we can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

We have had serious problems with our broadband connection over the last few days and I have noted some crackling on our landline. From 4pm yesterday we had no internet at all apart from a few very unstable moments when the light came on but we couldn't actually do anything on the internet. It's come back again just now but at a very slow speed - 1.94 mbps download. This was also the case Friday, Saturday and Sunday up till the point when it failed altogether. Understandably we are very unhappy with the service; I haven't got a smart phone and do all my emails etc using my computer at home and we use our pc for internet banking.

Our neighbour doesn't seem to have the same problem. He is also with TalkTalk and slightly closer (only 30 metres approx) to the 'box' (sorry can't remember the technical term for this!). We would really like to get this sorted out!

Highlighted

Hi chriss23

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi chriss23

This fault is now under investigation with a BT Openreach line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie