Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Installation issues / rant

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I had a team of engineers come out to my flat on march 23rd to install my faster fiber connection. When they arrived they fitted the phone line master socket in my flat, but due to plant growth on the telegraph pole they were unable to connect me to the network. I rang talktalk on the 25th to find out when it would be sorted and the advisor told me openreach were closed so they wouldn't be able to do anything until after the lockdown. I have since seen no less that 8 openreach vans in my area, all doing work on poles and junction boxes, so clearly I have been lied to. I have tried contacting talktalk to get something sorted but thanks to the lockdown, the automated system keeps disconnecting my calls as pretty much every department has been closed. 

So to sum it up, not only am I stuck indoors for the foreseeable future (as is everyone else) but I don't have internet, and more importantly, and more of a necessity, I don't even have a damn phone line in case of emergencies!

Highlighted
TalkTalk Content Team - TT Staff

Hi @Daillewe24 I have passed this onto the team to take a look for you. Someone will be in touch to help ASAP.

Before we can look into your account please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

We’re working through a very large queue with a reduced support team at the moment, so we really appreciate your patience 😊

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @Taylerw, thank you for your response, and, as requested, I have added my phone number to my profile. I'd just like to add that since making this post, I have actually spoken to some of the Openreach engineers who have been working in my area. Although the engineers I spoke to were actually working on installing an new fibre optic network, and therefore have nothing to do with installations of phone lines, they did confirm that their colleagues are still going ahead with phone line installations, and given the internal work on my property has already been carried out, they see no reason why there should be any issue connecting my line to the telegraph pole. That said, they did inform me that there is no way of directly contacting Openreach and I would have to go through my provider. Given the current situation with the call centres, this has obviously not been possible.

I appreciate that there are clear difficulties given the current situation, but I still can't fathom why there is no way of speaking to anyone with regards to this situation. Given the call centre team have a phone based job, surely this is one of those situations where they would be able to work from home, as I'm sure you most likely are.

Anyway, I patiently await your response.

Thanks in advanced

D. Llewellyn

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@Taylerw, just thought it might be helpful to add the following photos, one is of the telegraph pole number, and the second is of the current overgrowth of ivy on the pole. The engineers I spoke to said that it should be accessible using a hoist, so thought it might be prudent to pass these photos on so the information can be relayed to Openreach

IMG_20200403_102207.jpg

Highlighted
Popular Poster

IMG-20200323-WA0003.jpg

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Looking at them pictures it would take ten minutes to clear a yard of ivy,how they have not cut the main stems at the base in the past is beyond belief,they have probably driven past that pole hundreds of times and nobody had the brains to cut the stems and let nature do the rest.That will have taken years to creep up and no one thought to cut the base stems for future problems the useless sods.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

The annoying thing is, I spoke to my neighbour about it, he's lived in this house for 4 years, and he said he had a similar thing with nowtv when they installed his phoneline, but apparently they come round every 4 months or so and just pull the ivy down. I think half the issue is it's growing from someone's garden, but given the circumstances, who events house it is should be made to either maintain the growth or remove the I've all together, or be fined. Either way it's a damn nightmare, and had left me with no phoneline or internet for the duration of this lockdown! Doesn't really help that my mobile signal is aweful, and it's costing me an arm and a leg on data that I shouldn't really be having to use

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Oh and the really really annoying thing is that Cardiff council, in all their gloried wisdom, decided to gate off all the back lanes in the area, and the pole is in the lane, so with out a key, that I don't personally have, I can't get out to the lane anyway! I've got to hope my neighbour is around to get his key to get into the damn lane, which is what happened when the engineers originally came out

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Notes on the BT order show that a hoist is required and this has been appointed for 14th April.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Brilliant, thank you

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl, I thought I'd already posted this, but obviously it didn't go through, is there a time listed for the appointment as I have to speak to my neighbour to get access to the back garden and to get the keys for the lane from him

Highlighted

Hi,

Apologies, it doesn't specify a specific time just the date.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@OCE_Michelle @OCE_Karl @Taylerw I just wanted to query an email I've received this morning saying my account has been cancelled? Today is the day that my internet is finally meant to be sorted, and now I receive an email saying a third party has informed you I want to cancel my account, and I'm unable to speak to anyone regarding this. I haven't had any contact with any third party companies and I am livid with this turn of events

Highlighted

Hi Daillewe24,

I'm very sorry but the order is showing as cancelled. I have asked our order management team to check why this was and I'm afraid a new appointment wasn't re-booked in time for the work to be completed by Openreach. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The only way we can provide a service is if a new order is placed through our website.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution