cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittant Broadband slow and buffering

1 REPLY 1
First Timer

Have the HG633 Super Router.  For a considerable amount of time i have had on going issues with slow internet and buffering.  Intermittant problems.  I have smart Tv connected via Cat 6 to router.  Sometime when watching a movie or programme it will start to pixelate, buffer and stop / freeze.  it then comes back a short time later.  Access internet pages at time can be slow.  taking some 4-5 seconds to load a page.  sometime the blue bar (page loading indicator) gets quarter the way across and then stops.  after about a min i do a refresh and the page will either load or I getpage not responding error.  when i refresh again it may load up.

I contact live chat, and we went around the usual houses, i then lost internet and chat, and never got the return phone call if we loose you.

The spped test talk talk recommend states constantly that there are latencytest error.

I am getting pretty fed up with the poor reliability of the line.  I have had 2 routers replaced, and currently on my third.  

All the times i have contacted talk talk have just sent a new router, nobody has actually been tasked to physically test the line from the exchange to the cabinet and from the cabinet to my house.  

I have done a Ping Test which varies from 27.470ms - 35.895ms

I have also completed a traceroute which is quite high in ms.

Any advice and guidance appreciated....

UPDATE 18TH MAY 2019 @ 11:45.

I am attempting to downlaod a file that is 2.96 Gb.  estimated time 22 hours....  Current web pages taking between 25 - 45 seconds to open.....

diabollically slow .....

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Hercs74

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie