Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent Internet

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I spoke with one of your colleagues yesterday regarding, my connection issues. 
He went through loads of checks with me on my devices, and he made some changes to my router, but not it did not make any difference.
I have intermittent Wi-Fi on all 5 of my mobile devices, and no connections on any of my 3 ethernet connections. 
I replaced my ethernet cables and set up my old Super Router (HG635) but still no changes to connections. I have reverted to my original router (FAST 5364) which I only received from you 
My dashboard shows an internet connection, but it is intermittent, my ethernet devices also show intermittent internet connection.

I was back on today and spoke with another of your colleagues for over 2 hours and I now raised a complaint

Robert
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I've had a look at your line, this is currently affected by a network issue on the Openreach side.   I've ran a fibre test on the openreach portal and it is showing this is affected by an existing network event, so this is something they are aware of.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks Karl, glad they have found an issue, but I don't understand why on earth did your colleagues not just say that yesterday and today instead on having me checking settings and messing around with my setup if the issue is with Openreach?

Fingers crossed is rectified soon.

Thanks again. 

Robert
Highlighted

Hi

No sure why you were not given this information, but at least Openreach are aware and investigating an issue on their side.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Hell Karl, you're complaints department are trying to contact me, I'm on holiday until 12th July so I'm not available to discuss. Please make a note on my account for them to contact me after the 12th July. Thank you.
Robert
Highlighted

Hi Transcend

Apologies for this.

I have left a note for the Complaints Team as requested.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hello 

Karl advised me on the 24th June that Openreach were aware of an issue on my internet and they were dealing with it. Can you advise as to when Openreach logged the issue on their web portal. TIA.

Robert
Highlighted

Hi

We are unable to tell when BT Openreach logged this issue.  Whenever there is an issue or outage affecting a number of circuits / lines and BT raise an internal outage, whenever we run a diagnostic test that calls to their systems, this will notify us that the circuit is affected by a network event.

All tests are now currently clear with no retrains (drops) recorded and no errors showing.  Sync is showing as 59.4mb

Are you still experiencing issues with the connection ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

No more issues with broadband but I now have interference on my landline.

Robert
Highlighted

Hi

Would you describe the interference as a crackle / hum etc ?

Can you try an alternative handset at the Test Socket to rule out an issue with the handset or anything internal and we can then pass this to openreach.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

It's a Crackle Karl.

Robert
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Just fell out with one of your complaints managers, they are not aware of my Openreach issue which you confirmed to me on 24th June,  diabolical service from your complaints team Karl.

Robert
Highlighted

Hi

OK, if you can confirm its not the handset - either test another or test your handset on a friends line, then the next option is an engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Sorry Karl, I should have said your complaints team are diabolical, not you guys.

Complaints are trying to tell me I had a wifi issue and not an Openreach issue regarding my intermittent internet connection, that's what made me angry.

And yes I did try an alternative handset again it's an intermittent crackle, at one stage on the call to your complaints team the call dropped out while I was on hold.

Robert

Hi

Just to add,  any test we run is stored in our system and if the complaint team are unaware of this outage, just tell then to look at the NGA test result from 24th at 10:36am. It is recorded that there was a network event.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks Karl,

Robert
Highlighted

Hi

I'll raise the crackle issue for you.  I'll drop you a PM to get the engineer red tape out of the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips