cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent Network, Speed Fluctuates, Firmware Upgrade.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

I have a DSL 3782 router and the connection is very intermittent, it has been like this for a while, looking at the firmware version on the router log in page it says V1.08t   Dec 1 2016-11:33:53, that surely cannot be the latest firmware version? I reset the router but it not updating.

Ian Phillips
Highlighted
Community Star

There has been no new firmware until a couple of weeks ago, it will not automatically update to it at the moment as it has not yet been put on general release. However, the OCEs will put it on any router that is manually requested. This alone though will have no impact on your instability - that is a fault of some description. I will ask the OCEs to upgrade & investigate for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Igp24,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looked stable up until yesterday. Just to confirm, does this affect both wired and wireless devices?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hello, Both WiFi and Ethernet, Very unstable, big variations in speed. 

Ian Phillips
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Igp24,

Thanks for confirming this. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection now looks stable for almost 3 days. Have you experienced any further drops in connection since your last post?

Thanks