cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent connection and low speed

2 REPLIES 2
First Timer

Since the day of installation (20 Oct. 20), I've had frequent loss of connection to the internet and speeds averaging 3Mbps.  The router is connected to the socket correctly but several times a day, I get a flashing orange light and no internet access.  I don't have a phone plugged in because this isn't a facility I want or need.

Maxine J.
Community Star

Hi @mintymaxine,

Can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect your router to the phone socket.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mintymaxine

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a possible fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is your router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie