cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent fibre broadband service

11 REPLIES 11
Chatterbox

I am looking for service support for intermittent fibre broadband service.

I joined Talk Talk in January after moving to my new address.

I used a secondary telephone socket for a week, which is in a preferred location but is damaged - the connection was poor and I lost connectivity frequently.

A BT engineer did some work to the master telephone socket and moved our router there. This improved matters, but the service is still unreliable and cuts out several times a day.

I believe the line need repairing, and the master socket, which is very old, needs checking/replacing.

How do I go about getting support from a Talk Talk/BT engineer?

Thank you. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kathryncecilia

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chatterbox

That information is updated.

@Mark-S-O 

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chatterbox

My number is correct and up to date. 

Please can you get on with processing my request for help now?

Kathryn

Hi Kathryncecilia,

We need your TalkTalk landline number to be able to look into this, the only numbers you have included on your profile are mobile numbers.

Please update your community profile with your TalkTalk landline number and update us via this post one done.

Thanks

Mark

Chatterbox
Hello the landline is now updated

Hi Kathryncecilia

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Can I just check which router you are using? (make and model) I'm unable to connect to your router to check this, apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

The make is Fast 5364-3 

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection now looks stable for almost 4 days. How have you found the stability since your last post?

Thanks

Chatterbox
Hi Michelle no we haven't found it to be that reliable over last few days. It was intermittent during a video call today and when watching iplayer 2 nights ago. Usually every few days there is intermittence and we can never fully rely that the internet will work properly. It has been like this since the end of January when we had the service installed. There are a number of connection boxes on the outside of the house which might be contributing to a poor connection. Is an engineer able to take a look at the house please?

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for confirming and I'll take another look now. I've re-run the line test which is still clear, however I can see a couple of re-connections on the line. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket to see how the stability compares?

Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks