cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermmitent Wi-Fi on some devices

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I also think my post should not being showing as resolved as it is not. 

I do not understand the readings but I do know when, if it manages or can not connect to the internet. So frustrating...

Community Team

Hi The Simpsons

Apologies for this.

I've checked the connection stats again and there are re connections showing and the line test has detected a possible voice fault.

Could you check your landline to see if there is any noise when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I have just tried the landline and it seemed fine...

Internet was fine early this morning but has dropped a bit since then. 

Community Team

Hi The Simpsons

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router connected at the test socket? I can then pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Debbie

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

It is not at the moment.

The other week when I did this I had no internet at all?

I am waiting on a phone call, that should be before 1. I can try it then if that is ok?

Community Team

Hi The Simpsons

Yes of course, thank you. If you still have no connection at the test socket then I will pass this straight over for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I have tried the test socket, used 2 different filters and I had no internet at all. 

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

It has still been no use... if it is of any help the readings just a little while ago I took. It is even painstaking to do this yet again, it is so slow and intermmitent. 🙄

It has been going on for over a month now. Should I change my settings again? Would that help?

I appreciate people are not about all the time . But I would really like some help on this please.friday 8.15.jpgfriday ghz.jpg

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I couldn't get on yesterday evening and struggled to now.

Update... today is the same, fine in the morning then not from afternoon? It has taken ages to try and get the pictures to upload! I've been trying since I took it. internet sunday.jpgghz sunday.jpg

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

still the same...monday.jpgghz monday.jpg

Community Team

Hi The Simpsons,

There has been an incident at your exchange over the weekend affecting service, this should now be resolved - could you let us know if there's any improvement today

Thanks
Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

My problem started before the weekend, more than a month now. My connection is still not good. Ok in the morning then drops or no internet later in the afternoon.

Tuesday.jpgTuesday.jpg

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I took another screen shot of it as it was taking so long to do it. Infact is slower again now.

later tuesday.jpglater tuesday ghz.jpg

Community Team

Hi The Simpsons,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere in the thread but do you have any devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable? If you have then are they also affected or is it just devices connected to the router by wifi?

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

There is nothing connected with ethernet. Previously I have checked and it seemed fine.

Morning it is usually ok however this morning it is not as good.

I have a new router sent by you.

I had been advised to change some settings with the old router, start of this thread...it helped at first. This router I have not changed anything.

Using the test socket I have no internet at all. 

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

wednesday.jpgwednesday ghz.jpg

Community Team

Thanks for the information 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and a telephone?

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

There is just one telephone socket and only telephone and router in that socket.

Screen shot taken just now.2nd wednesday.jpg2nd ghz.jpg

Community Team

Thanks for the reply. Can you switch your router off for 30 miniutes then switch back on and let me know when you've done this (I'm having some problems communicating with your router)

Thanks

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

Ok I will do that now.