Community Team
The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I have put it back on now.

Community Team

OK thanks, I'll take a look at it now 🙂

Chris

Community Team

Can I just ask if you've changed any settings in the router, still having problems communicating?

Thanks
Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

I have not changed any settings and yes there is still a problem.

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

after.jpgafter ghz.jpg

Community Team

Thanks (apologies, I meant I'm still having problems communicating with your router). Do you still have the older router?

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

Yes I do. I will put that one on. Thank you for trying to help.

Community Team

No Problem, thanks 

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

The old one is on now.old router.jpgold ghz.jpg

Community Team

OK thanks, I'll take a look at this now

Community Team

How is the connection at the moment with the old router?

When you're experiencing problems does it make any difference how close the device is to your router? How many devices in your home are currently connected to the router?

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

There is my phone and my daughters phone and this lap top connected at the moment. It makes no difference how near to the router it is.

lunch.jpglunch ghz.jpg

Community Team

And when you experience the poor performance do you experience this on more than one device at the time?

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

Yes.

Community Team

The next time you experience the poor performance could you switch off everything that connects to the router by wi-fi except one device and check to see if this makes any difference. Just want to rule out one of the devices hogging bandwidth 

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion

The first 2 screen prints are of when the problem occured the other 2 are with just the lap top connected.before.jpgbefore ghz.jpgall off.jpgall off ghz.jpg

Community Team

Hi The Simpsons

Thanks for the information. Did you actually notice any improvement in performance when you switched off the other devices?

Chris

The Simpsons
Chat Champion
No, not really.
Community Team

OK thanks. The good news is I now appear to be able to communicate with your router. Could you just let me know what devices you currently have connected to your router by wifi