cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet Connection Drops - Log states The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi

I am currently experiencing an issue with what seems like my broadband line. I've had the Wifi Hub for the last 12 months without issue but in the last week we are now experiencing very frequent drops in the internet.

It can stay connected for 1-2 hours fine but then will also drop the connection every couple of minutes.

I can see on the Wifi hub dashboard it states it has disconnected and at that point we have the orange flashing light on the front of the hub, then a couple of minutes later it will reconnect fine.

It's not Wifi related as I have connected my laptop through ethernet and I've also connected a spare Netgear D7000 router I have that is experiencing the same issue.I can set that up without the Wifi hub and it will experience the same connection issues and drops of the broadband.

If I check the logs on the Wifi hub the drops correspond to this error:

"The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36". However the hub is configured against Vlan ID 101 as expected.

See below screens from the hub dashboard and logs:

Not_connected.JPGlogs.JPG

Please can an OCE investigate as this is getting frustrating not having a reliable connection when previously it's been fine.

Thanks, Dan

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi krogarth1,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry we don't currently have/use a home phone, so I can't test the voice service.

We have a Openreach 5C MK4 Master Socket so by the looks of it behind the faceplate it only has 1 socket and the filter is built in. There isn't an obvious test socket like there is in older master sockets (This was also installed a year ago when we signed up to talk talk).

Thanks, Dan

Highlighted

Hi

If there is another socket behind the faceplate this would usually be the test socket.  You can connect to this with a filter.

Are you able to borrow a handset from a friend or neighbour for 2 minutes just to check the line has a clear dial tone with no noise or crackles ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Karl @OCE_Michelle 

I've now connected directly to the test socket with a filter both the broadband and a home phone.

Phone line sounds fine with a clear dialing tone and I'm able to receive calls.

Broadband has been ok for the past 2 hours but checking the logs it was fine for several hours in the morning before the issue reappeared this afternoon.

I'll leave it in the test socket if you can test the line again please.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Karl @OCE_Michelle 

Just to confirm even plugged into the test socket as mentioned since 18:30 last night I am still seeing the same sporadic drop that corresponds with the mentioned error in the log:

Annotation 2019-08-22 212255.png

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi krogarth1,

I've passed this over to our network team for further investigation. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Chris