Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet Randomly Dropping Out

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Internet will be fine one minute, white light showing on router. Then randomly I will lose internet on all devices, router light is flashing orange. Sometimes it will be fine for half an hour, sometimes only 5 mins between each drop. Had the exact same issue a few weeks ago which went on for about 4 days until an engineer came out and sorted it. That time a fault was picked up on quickly when I reported it and engineer booked.

This time both talktalk phone support and live chat said they can't find any issue, are not sending an engineer and I should just check the software on my devices, which is 100% clearly not the issue!!

I work from home and trying to deal with this is already costing too much valuable time and I can't get any help from talktalk it seems.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @rsmith888 ,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rsmith888

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie