Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet Stops Working Midnight to 1am

123 REPLIES 123
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi there,

live in the Milton Keynes area. I have an issue that the internet stop working from midnight till 1am almost every night. Any help?

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Trystrem 

Try carrying out a Service Status Health Check.

• Select Support from the grey header toolbar
  • Select Service Status from the drop-down list
  • When the Service Status Health Check completes you'll see a summary screen
  • If the network has recorded any loss of service incidents then there should be a report of those outages.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks. I’ve tried this and it just says my connection is fine. But no devices can access the internet till 1.01am...
Highlighted
Team Player
Edit.

I’ve updated my info for you
Highlighted
Community Star

Have you got any device that you can connect to the router using the supplied Ethernet cable?  Just to rule out an interference issue with the Wi-Fi connection to the router.

When the time comes that the Internet connection disappears what is the status of the router leds?

And what does the sync speed of the router report?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Trystrem,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Do any of the lights change on the router when the connection stops working?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
I have no Ethernet devices. And the confirm it is not WiFi interference as I can still access the admin page at 192.168 etc.

Also the lights do not change and in the status of the router it says the router is connected.
Highlighted

Hi Trystrem,

Ok thanks for the additional information. Is it always exactly at midnight? Do you have any devices set on a timer to come on/off at this time? Do you experience any issues with the voice service at the same time such as no dial tone?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Seems to be.

I have no way of checking this as I have no phone
Highlighted

Hi Trystrem,

Line tests aren't showing any interruptions to your service between 12am and 1am (or any other time of the day), Are all devices unable to connect at the same time? Do you get an error message when you can't connect?

Approximately how long has this been happening?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
It’s been happening for weeks. I get an error message saying the server is not responding.

Most recently the line went down at 12.21.

As I’m sure you can appreciate I’m not up every night at 12 to check.
Highlighted

OK, thanks, and you get the error message on more than one device at the time? Does it happen when you're doing anything specifically or can it happens when gaming, browsing, streaming etc?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
It happens on multiple devices - phones, outdoor cameras and tv for streaming.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Trystrem 

Does any device schedule an upload to the Cloud or a backup sync of data to the Cloud between midnight and 1am?  Upload flooding or maxing out the upload of your broadband connection can stall the download and delay the connection to websites.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi,

No scheduled uploads
Highlighted

Hi Trystrem,

Ok, do you have a different router that you can test with to rule this out? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi no spare router.

Internet is currently down.
Highlighted
Team Player

35B14290-A812-4F84-8CFA-5F19D9C119D5.png

774FF826-0E3D-4135-BEC6-5D315C3D3201.png

243C37FD-FF23-488A-BDE1-350E7EA8A49C.png

C36CD9EE-F5A7-48BF-A34F-C614DBB78B58.png

Highlighted
Team Player

Can someone please help me as this is ridiculous?

Highlighted
Community Star

...the router and Service Status Heath Check are both indicating the service is up and running.

Try using the Chrome or Firefox browsers.  Available for Windows, Mac, Apple and Android. And just in case you've got security software running a scheduled scan just disable that whilst testing at this time.