cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet connection drops intermittently

Reply
infiniti
Conversation Starter

Thanks Michelle, I actually spoke to the compalints team yesterday as the connection was dropping and slow and they are sending an openreach engineer out tomorrow. Will keep you posted

Community Team

Hi infiniti,

 

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares.

 

Thanks

 

infiniti
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle

 

I hope you are well.

 

So the engineer did come and couldn't find any issues causing the slow speed so requested the network reset the speed and that seems to have resolved the speed issue til date.

 

However the instability is still present. It did improve immediately after the engineer reset the speed however is gradually getting worse again. I have spoken to customer services and they are sending me out a new hub to try however I fear that likely won't solve it as I have had a few replacements already and still experiencing the same issue.

 

What do you suggest?

Community Team

Hi infiniti

 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

 

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

 

Please let us know if the connection is still dropping with the replacement router at the test socket.

 

Thanks

 

Debbie

 

 

infiniti
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie, 

 

I have received the hub and installed it yesterday. The stability issue seems resolved however I have a new issue - 80% of the time everything is fine however the other 20% all my connected devices have a very slow connection with web pages and other activity timing out or loading extremely extremely slowly.

 

I have a prefitered master socket so I disconnected the hub and reattached to the test socket in the master socket with a microfilter earlier today however I am still experiencing the same issue.

 

What should be done?

 

 

Community Team

Hi infiniti,

 

Thanks for trying this. Just to confirm, are you experiencing the timeouts and slow web pages when you're connected wired and wireless?

 

Thanks

 

infiniti
Conversation Starter

Hi, we managed to get the previous issues with the dropping connection corrected by way of another engineer's visit and a new wifi hub.

 

I have since renewed however was promised a speed boost as part of the renewal which wasn't applied to the account. I have raised a complaint but am told that the speed boost is not available on my line as it would not give any actual speed boost even if it was applied.

 

Now I am a bit confused by this as my router is syncing at 40 Mbps/10 Mbps ie at the capped speed for faster fibre so don't understand why I cannot get the speed boost to uncap the FTTC connection?

 

I also use the speed checker as if I'm a new customer and get offered the speed boost and faster speeds so why cannot it be applied to my live account?

 

Please help and advise if I should start a new thread or provide other details?

 

Many thanks

 

Neil

Community Team

Hi Neil,

 

Whether we offer the speed boost depends on the predicted range and guaranteed minimum speed for your line. I'm afraid we have no way around this, in this scenario we just don't have the option to add the boost to an account. I'm sorry for any disappointment but I think it's unlikely that your speed would be much higher than it is now if we were able to add the boost 


Chris

infiniti
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the response Chris, however I do get offered it if I try and sign up as a new customer and also I can see on the hub that my connection is 40 Mbps so it is at the faster fibre cap?

Community Team

Hi infiniti

 

Apologies for this.

 

Are you still in contact with the Complaints Manager?

 

Thanks

 

Debbie

infiniti
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie, no I am not as after speaking to her and being told that nothing could be done I have requested termination however I believe that it could be a glitch on the system for the reasons I have mentioned hence contacting yourselves via this channel.

Community Team

Hi infiniti

 

I understand but I'm afraid, as the Complains Manager has said, there's nothing that we can do about this. 


Chris