Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet constantly dropping out

9 REPLIES 9
smem18
Chatterbox

Hello, ever since we had TalkTalk installed we have had a problem with our internet. It constantly drops out and I have to turn the WiFi on my phone on and off again to get it to work. For example, I’ll be browsing Facebook and a video will suddenly stop working right in the middle or a page/comments won’t load because the WiFi has randomly dropped out again.

We’ve just been suffering in silence with it for a year because when we last reported the problem an engineer came around and after taking the day off work for that and everything, it made zero difference. He just plugged the router into the master socket and said it’ll be fine now. The problem has now become intolerable though. Most of the time I just leave WiFi off my phone because it CONSTANTLY drops out and causes my web pages to hang loading. Even to get to this page I had to turn WiFi off and allow it to load on 4G.

What’s really weird is we can stream TV and films on Netflix, catch up and Amazon Prime flawlessly. But general internet browsing on our phones and laptops is totally hopeless. 

We are in a 1 bed flat and the problems occur no matter where we are in the flat and no matter what time it is. It is a constant problem all day every day. 

I am counting down the weeks until I can leave Talktalk because in all my years I’ve never had WiFi as bad as this. Unless someone can please finally help us? 

Community Team

Hi smem18 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

smem18
Chatterbox

I'll check when I get home from work. Presumably it says somewhere on the router itself?

Community Team

Hi smem18

I've now been able to connect to the router and can see that you are using the HG633.

Are wired devices also experiencing this issue or just wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

smem18
Chatterbox

We don't have any devices wired to the internet so it is just wireless devices:

laptops, iPhones and iPads

Community Team

Hi smem18

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested different wireless channels?

Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

smem18
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie

No I havent

Emily

Community Team

Hi Emily

Would it be possible to test different wireless channels?

Thanks

Debbie

smem18
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie

Yes I will try that when I get home from work

Emily

Community Team

Hi Emily

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie