cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet cutting out constantly, restarting router fixes it.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Over the past 3 weeks our internet has been cutting out consistently every 24 to 36 hours. Restarting the router does fix the issue but I can't keep having my connecting dropping since I have devices needing connection almost 24/7.

Considering that a simple restart does fix the issue I believe this must be an issue with our router?

The router is currently on version SG4K10002808t, which I believe is the most updated version to this date?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

@Ju123 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ju123

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Alright I think I've filled out all the information that I need too!

Highlighted

Hi Ju123,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Could I just confirm, does this affect wired and wireless devices when the connection drops?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

Yes both wireless and wired connections all stop receiving access to the internet but wireless devices to stay connected to the route, just with no internet connection. 

Highlighted

Hi Ju123,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

Sure, that would be great!

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Ju123

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Alright I'll post an update in the next few days, it maybe after christmas since it's getting closer!

Thanks.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hey Debbie,

Everything was working fine until I woke up this morning and found that it had cut off again at around 3 this morning. The internet only came  back after restarting the router.

Where can we go from here? Since this is has now happened on the router you've sent me.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Ju123

Just to confirm, is this with the new router we sent?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yep, I installed it on Saturday, I believe. It was running fine (I thought it may have fixed the issue) but then I wake up and it's cut off again. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just to let you know, I've moved back to our old router (Super Router HG635) which we had before we first received the first new router (not the replacement one)  to see if its an underlying issue just with the new routers.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Ever since I've put the old router back in our internet has been stable, however we are now back to the issue where the wifi signal / strength doesn't reach our needs (this is why we upgraded to the new router in the first place)

This indicates to me there is some underlying issue with the new "Game Changing" Router? Since our old one has ran 7 days without any issues but the new router can barely run 24 hours without needing a restart.

Highlighted

Hi Ju123

Can I just check, have you tested with 2 different Wifi Hubs? (was the same issue present on both)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Yep the issue is one both, the one we had and the new one you sent.

Highlighted

Hi Ju123

Thanks for your reply.

It may be worth trying the Wifi Hub again but with Wi-Fi optimisation technology switched off on your line, would you like to test this?

Thanks

Debbie