Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet cutting out numerous times a day

14 REPLIES 14
harrycandy
Repeat Guest

I changed over to talktalk about a month ago and every single day the Internet cuts off for a minute or two, numerous times a day. This didn't happen under bt and its the same phone lines they use. This is a fault that surely needs fixed please.

Harry Candeland
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @harrycandy,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

harrycandy
Repeat Guest

The lights seems to go off on the router then back on. Theres no wired connections. All wireless.

Harry Candeland
harrycandy
Repeat Guest

Its also working as we speak with no light on the router after cutting off earlier

Harry Candeland
Skynet_TX
Community Star
Just to clarify, are you saying the router is successfully connected to the internet, but there are no lights on the router ?
harrycandy
Repeat Guest

That is now the case, yes. It previously had lights showing

Harry Candeland
harrycandy
Repeat Guest

Tonight, within the last 5 hours its cut off 3 separate times. The router usually has a whiteish light but when off its now flashing between that and orange.

Harry Candeland
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Staff here will get back to you to help, it is best to wait for them to reply before posting any more in this topic, as adding new posts will delay it from getting to the top of their queue. They don't work weekends, but will hopefully be able to get back to you early next week.

You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

clydeowenp

Hi, I've been having the same for some months and steadily getting worse! Speed slow and yesterday disconnected 6 x in 5 hours, today 3 x in 2 hours so far. This is very annoying when filling in a form or bidding in an ebay auction. When it disconnects internet light on router changes from green to red. I was on Faster Fibre plan but recently had an email saying I'm out of contract and was now on their standard plan, still called Faster Fibre but costing an extra £3.45 per month. Now been paying the higher rate for 3 months but not informed until Wednesday, by email, and told what my options are. Says in "My Account" my contract expired in September 2019 but not informed and no price change until late last year. Also says my plan is still called Faster Fibre but in the email they sent it says my plan is now called Fibre 65. Speed for Fibre 65 is advertised as 72Mps but I've just run a test, from TalkTalk site, 18Mbs download and and 6.4 Mbs upload on wired connection and 19.2 Mbs download and 6.7Mbs upload on wireless. Yes I have got it round the right way, even tried a new cable but no better. Both cables tested and ok, line checked by engineer and router replaced.

I've complained many times in the last few years and each time the service improves but speed gradually decreases and within 2 months. They sent a new router which did improve disconnection for a short time. I was conned into changing to fibre with the promise of increased speed and reduced disconnections. Service improved for a short time but soon deteriorated to pre-fibre level.

Unable to contact TalkTalk by phone so tried live chat.  Just get a message saying live chat busy try again later. Today I got a message saying live chat busy, try again tomorrow.  

Sick of lies and poor service and being unable to contact them took out a contract with another provider giving a much better deal, can't say who or what price because TalkTalk will probably censor it! Strange how they suddenly started to take notice, had an email within hours and a letter within 2 days asking what they need to do  to persuade me to stay. They're so keen to persuade me to stay they@re making it impossible to contact them!

Has anyone had a similar experience, if so how did you resolve it? 

Clyde Prentice

Clyde Prentice
SocialTeamJo
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi harrycandy,

Apologies for the delay.

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your service. Have run a line test which hasn't detected a fault, but I can see there have been some drops in connection. 

Can you advise if your landline service is affected?

Thanks, 

Jo

SocialTeamJo

Hi clydeowenp,

I'm really sorry for the ongoing problems you're having with your service and apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

We'd like to take a look at what's happening, please start your own thread as we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Jo

harrycandy
Repeat Guest

I dont have a landline phone so I can't answer that question im afraid. I only use a mobile phone.

Harry Candeland
OCE_Debbie

Hi harrycandy

Apologies for the delay.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

harrycandy
Repeat Guest

Yes. Its connected to the test socket, the same as my last provider where there was no issues. A replacement would maybe help to try to sort it thanks

Harry Candeland
OCE_Debbie

Hi harrycandy

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie