cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet disconnecting

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

Hi I have fibre broadband and it keeps disconnecting when using WiFi, I have the Talk talk TV box through the power line adapter that does the same thing occasionally but not as often as my phone or TV etc that are connected through WiFi. This is happening numerous times a day and is frustrating when watching something then it cuts off and says not connected to internet. I have tried resetting router and leaving off for a while etc I also have the router plugged directly into the master socket. Any help would be much appreciated thank you. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi matt,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection also unstable if you connect wired? Do any of the lights change on the router when the connection drops?

Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Popular Poster

Hi thanks for the reply,

Yes the lights do change they are blinking pretty fast then just go off when it drops and a red light comes on. 

I haven't had chance to try wired yet but the TV box that is connected to powerline does same and if the internet is disconnected then it surely wouldn't matter if it was wired or wireless would it if it has red light on? It normally boots back up after about a minute and connects again. 

Yes the phone has noise on it sounds like I'm outside in wind or bit crackly? 

Hi matt,

Thanks for confirming this. Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection so we'll need to look into this first.

Does your master socket have a test socket? If the noise/crackle present at the test/master socket with 2 different handsets and with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

Popular Poster

I've tried it now with just the phone plugged into master socket and nothing else and there is nothing wrong with the phone line no noise etc so only happens when plugged into the microfilter with router and tried two different phones and both same result. 

Hi matt,

Thanks for trying this. Do you have an alternative router and microfilter that you could test with to rule this out?

Thanks