Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet dropping off regularly, but the light stays on

19 REPLIES 19
Tracycat
Popular Poster

I'm having problems with my router, its drops off all the time, it has taken nearly 10 mins just to send this! 

The light stays on , I never notice any flashing, it takes at least 2 to 3 mins to load internet pages, just doesn't seem to want to work? 

Ive only been with talk talk since December 

my router doesn't have a make it just says talk talk on the front, please help or tell me how to stop it dropping 

many thanks Tracy

Tracycat
Divsec
Community Star
Hi Tracy, sorry you're having problems, I'm guessing your router has just one light on the front and if you check on the back you will see Sagemcom hidden away somewhere. Have you tried rebooting the router? And are you having problems wired or WiFi?
I've flagged your post for assistance and you should hear shortly. The team here work office hours so it might be Monday.
Please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary. Please don't post personal information in this forum, there are bad people about.
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Tracycat 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Tracycat
Popular Poster

Thank you 

I have done this now 

Many thanks 

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi Tracycat 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

Are you connected wired or wireless when you experience this issue?

Thanks

Debbie

Tracycat
Popular Poster

It's wifi

its been like this from day 1, it can be ok for a few hours or will do it every few minutes 

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi Tracycat

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested different wireless channels? Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Tracycat
Popular Poster

Yes, both 2.4 and 5

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi,

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any additional advice in regards to the wireless connection?

Thanks

Tracycat
Popular Poster

My dad made the 100 mile round trip to try and help but I don't feel confident to start tinkering 

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi Tracycat

Ok, I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Tracycat
Popular Poster

Yes please

Tracycat
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @Tracycat 

Michelle has asked me to help you with your WiFi issue, but I see that Debbie has offered you a replacement router. Assuming you try that router & you still have wireless issues, then please ask & I will be very glad to help you all I can.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Tracycat
Popular Poster

Is there a different one to the one I have? X

Tracycat
Tracycat
Popular Poster

Thank you for the offer, let's see if the new router fixes the problem 

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi Tracycat

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Tracycat
Popular Poster

Fingers crossed as this is so frustrating at the moment, many thanks for your help

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi Tracycat

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Tracycat
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

i received the new router and it is already much better, no issues

Many thanks Tracy

Tracycat
Community Team

Hi Tracy,

That's great news, glad our team was able to help.

Regards,

Karl.