cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet dropping out

42 REPLIES 42
Team Player

Have had the problem of my internet ‘dropping out’  and purchased the WiFi hub for the offer price of £30 (we have the fast fibre + the speed boost) as this was forseen to be the solution and now it is happening a lot more frequently! I have a filtered master phone socket, the hub is positioned as instructed yet watching internet tv via Netflix is becoming a nightmare. Bearing in mind I have signed up for a further 18 months (15 years Tiscali/talktalk customer) despite my family urging me to change supplier. Please help

mick

Community Star

Hi Mick, welcome to the community, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear shortly. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary.

Talking of landline how good is it? Do you notice any noise, crackles?

What does the light on the router show when your connection drops?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mick

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault with the landline service.

Are you experiencing any faults with the landline when making calls? (noise)

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Any further help/assistance would be appreciated 

Regards
Michael 
Community Star

Hi Michael, did you answer the questions @OCE_Debbie asked?

Team Player

Yes e mailed them. Nothing back yet. They were aware internet dropping out before I re-mewed contract and purchased WiFi hub and the problem is worse now! Nothing from talktalk yet though - have To go the talktalk tech problem route again I think but thankyou for asking

Community Star

Hi Michael, you might find posting an answer in this thread the most efficient way of getting help. @OCE_Debbie is a Talktalk employee and brilliant at getting things sorted.

Hi Mickycod,

Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Team Player

Thankyou.

sorry Debbie I e mailed the answers to your questions and forgot to post on the forum as well - ref landline and yes there does appear to be some background noise however it is rarely used due to mobile phones - continued to drop out several times yesterday- not for a long time but enough to knock Netflix off.

Team Player
Yes Michelle - there does seem to be some noise but as I’ve said landline rarely used and they are ancient units we have haha

Hi Mickycod

The fault being picked up could be connected to the internal setup. Can you connect your phone directly to the test socket  with no filter and check if the noise is still present. 

Thanks 

Team Player

The master phone socket used (directly into the property) is the type with phone socket and an ADSL port so internally filtered and therefore no separate filter box is used.

Team Player

Removed socket faceplate and plugged phone directly into test socket but to be honest it sounds the same - I’m not convinced there is that much background noise to be honest -  as previously stated the handsets are ancient.

Ok Thanks..  Ill pass it to our network team and see what they think.  

Team Player

Thank you Arne

Hi @Mickycod

Our network want you to disconnect everything so we can re-run the test, are you able to do this around 10.20?  (reconnect at 10.30)

Team Player

Sorry I have just read that. Can you give me another time please

Team Player

Hi Mickycod,

OCE_Arne (Community Team) posted a new reply in Fibre Broadband on 23-05-2019 10:04 AM :

Re: Internet dropping out

Hi @Mickycod

Our network want you to disconnect everything so we can re-run the test, are you able to do this around 10.20?  (reconnect at 10.30)

Team Player

As requested I disconnected landline and ADSL cable and turned router off at 1115hrs and have now connected them back up and switched router back on.