would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet drops

24 REPLIES 24
lissamay88
Team Player

Hi

I'm having a fair few problems with internet dropping out many times a day, we had a problem with the speed a few weeks ago and had an engineer out who replaced the cable coming into the house as that was causing the slow speeds and that got fixed, but now most days the internet drops and reconnects any help with this issue would be great as it's getting really annoying 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

lissamay88
Team Player

I may have found the issue I am going to fix that issue and see what happens and then I will get back to you if no change 

lissamay88
Team Player

I fixed what I thought might have been the problem but it isn't the internet drops have got worse and the internet stays of for up to 30 mins at a time before reconnecting 

I have the new wifi hub and when it disconnects I get a orange flashing light until it finds the internet and then flashes orange and white until I get a solid white light the wifi hub software version is SG4K10002600t

The drops are happening more and more and I dunno why

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this straight over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

lissamay88
Team Player

Yes there is  noise on the line when I pick up the phone, we had an engineer out a few weeks ago and he found a faulty cable outside the house which he fixed and everything was fine and now all of a sudden  the issues have come back again  

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for confirming this. I've asked our Network Team to take a look now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

I've received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

lissamay88
Team Player

Hi I am just wondering if there is any updates on this I had a phone call from talktalk but haven't got round to calling back so thought I would ask here if there is any news on this issue

Community Team

Hi Melissa,

There's no update yet, it can be up to 72 hours so if you bump the thread tomorrow we can check again

Chris

lissamay88
Team Player

Hi 

Is there any updates on my issue as nothing has gotten better and i keep getting internet drops 

Community Team

Hi lissamay88,

There's no update yet so I'm chasing it up with our network team. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

Community Team

Hi lissamay88,

Our network team have said that to investigate further we'll need to arrange another engineer visit.

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM's you to confirm some other details

Chris

lissamay88
Team Player
I cant afford to have an engineer out at the moment so ill just have to leave it for now
Community Team

The engineer would only be chargeable under the circumstances outlined in the help article - If you do change your mind please let us know 

Chris

lissamay88
Team Player

Hi could we get an engineer booked please as our internet speeds have got worse and the router dropping out is also worse the best time for an engineer for me would be a wednesday or a thursday if we could get an engineer out tomorrow that would be good if possible

Community Team

Hi lissamay88,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information

Chris

Community Team

Hi lissamay88,

Thanks for the PM, could you give me a couple more dates and time slots when you can be available for the engineer visit and we'll arrange this for you

Chris

Community Team

Hi lissamay88,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer is booked for July 17 2019, AM (08:00-13:00)

Please let us know how you get on

Chris