Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet intermittent

3 REPLIES 3
Conway_07
Chatterbox

We've had isues with our internet from 18th April, keeps losing connection and rectifies itself within 10minutes. We had an engineer out last Wednesday, he seen the fault but couldnt escalate it as it had only happened once (this was 11am) as soon as he left it happened another 3/4 times. We then had an Openreach enegineer out last Friday, he fitted a new socket and updated our line going from the house to the nearest electric pole as this was frayed and damaged. We've had issues since then, and anytime we contact customer services via telelphone the answer is always the same - the tests are all coming back with no faults, wait 72 hrs and then try again. We have two people working from home so its extremely frustrating as this is constant. The router and internet line are fine, when it goes off all lights are green bar the internet light it stays red. When we get a notification on our devices from talk talk to sign in - it says no sync?! If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Conway_07

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

Conway_07
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

I've updated my landline number now in my profile. I only use this for internet purposes, we dont use it to make/receive calls.

Thanks,

Clare

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Clare

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line tests have not detected any faults so I have ordered you a different make and model of router for testing.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie