cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet keeps disconnecting, "Vlan 36 terminated" . Help please.

12 REPLIES 12
Chatterbox

Hi Guys, 
I've been having a problem for a couple of months now since I joined talktalk, 

It's pretty much the same as this old thread here: link below
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/The-WAN-DHCP-client-process-has-failed-on-Vlan-3...

My router drops at random times sometimes very often and sometimes not, which is weird.
I've talked to talktalk twice about it and they cant seem to find the problem and an engineer was here a few days ago, he changed the master socket to a newer version, checked the internet lines and router itself, ran a few checks but he could not find anything wrong with it. With the new socket, my internet speed did improve but this doesnt help the fact that my internet drops every 10-15 minutes for 2 minutes each time, it's highly irritating.
He told me before he left that he will request a new router for me just incase but I have yet to receive a confirmation e-mail or text so I'm not sure if it is on the way.
Everytime the internet the logs say something about WAN DHCP client terminating on Vlan 36.logs 1.pnglogs 2.png

Judging by the old post i read, I don't think getting a new router will help but hopefully someone here has an idea on what's wrong or how to fix my internet.

Also my vlan already is and is automatically set by default to 101.

Thank you,

Ymann.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ymann

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the reply, I have updated my community profile, sadly I don't really have an alternative contact number, but whenever I am available you will always be able to reach me on the number I have put on my profile.

Thanks,

Ymann.

Highlighted

Hi Ymann

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

Updated.

Thanks,

Ymann.

Highlighted
First Timer

hello i havw had a nuth my intenr keea cnexting  then evrry 5  to 10  mins it gos off and flshing oringe  i pad my bill so ir shodont keep doing it i need it sortis asap  or pur me on fiber   im geting  fed up with it plz or i will leve   

jade maynard
Highlighted

Hi Jade,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, if you still need assistance can you please start your own Topic and we'll be happy to help

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi guys, 

any news?

It hasn't been disconnecting as much now for the past couple of days but still does it from time to time, it only disconnects like 3 or 4 times everyday, but its still as frustrating especially since i like to game when im off work and it just disconnects in the middle of a game.
Is there any word if I am going to receive a new router to test out and see if its a hardware problem?

Kind regards,

Ymann.

Highlighted

Hi Ymann,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible fault. Is the voice service also affected? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can raise this over to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Good afternoon Michelle,

Sorry, I think I'm being stupid but what do you mean by voice service? We don't have a landline if that's what you mean.

Thanks,
Ymann
Highlighted

Hi Ymann

Would it be possible to borrow a phone just for testing purposes to see if the landline is working ok?

If you are experiencing a no dial tone fault or noise on the line then this has to be investigated first as it can affect the BB connection.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi Debbie, we dont use or have a landline.

Thanks
Ymann
Highlighted

Hi Ymann,

Could you just PM me with the name of the account holder and I'll raise this to Openreach for further investigation

Thanks

Chris