Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet keeps dropping out and speed erratic

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Ok i can see from previous posts I'm not the only one. I  don't want to spend futile hours on the phone especially as i haven't got a phone contract so will be very expensive. I'm supposed to be getting and paying for superfast 72mps but am often getting just 5mps and rarely anything above 30. I've run dozens of wifi tests aps md they all confirm this. Occasionally it will hit 72. Very occasionally. 

BUT the worst thing is the signal keeps dropping out. Sometimes several times a day and almost every day. Sometimes its only for ten seconds, sometimes a few minutes. The light on the router does not change colour when this happens. Not only is this really annoying because I listen to internet radio a lot and as it helps me fall asleep, others in the house play online with friends and are getting disconnected. All diagnostic test i take with talktalk says everything is tickertyboo. Well, it really isn't, so if someone at talktalk or community member can help sort it out I'd be very grateful. Thanks. Oh, the router is well positioned, there's nothing nearby to interfere with it and I've had no such issues on this line before, ever, going back to dial up times.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Victoriaplum81  welcome and yes we will help just wait for a oce to reply next week

please make sure ur profile on here is filled in

can u explain more on the set up and how u are doing the speed test via cable / wifi ??

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
First Timer
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm waiting for a phonecall from TT this evening after chatting on the online help last night so hopefully i'll resolve the issue. if not i'll be back to ask for help. Thanks.
Highlighted
Philosopher

@Victoriaplum81  Hope u get one as very rare for them to stick to phone back as i have seen over the other post on here most people say no call back but no change 

we can help u may find us other customers and the oce who are the staff are better than chat and call staff as they are English people with out reading from scripts 

if need more help just post back as a oce will now pick this up mon / tues depends on work flow

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Victoriaplum81,

If you do need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Victoriaplum81 did u do as asked by chris as he need that area filled in then post back saying done so he can check again