Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet not working again

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok. What speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle the speeds were very slow not getting anywhere near to what I should of been getting I restarted the router and it seems to better just hope it's not being throttled by talk talk 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110

We don't slow down the speed. Please can you run a speed test using the TT speed tester so we can see the results?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie ok will do 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  hi I have just done a test talk talk and it says my broadband  speed is not as good  as it should be I am paying for fast fibre can you tell me why I am not getting my correct  speeds  download speeds 16 bps upload speed  5.2 mbps  ping 20 

Kieran
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle just done another test 21.00 pm ping 18 download  15.8 upload 6.9 this speed is crap 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok at the moment. Are the speeds still currently slow? Was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle hi I've just done a speed test it's back up now 37.3 ping is 16 upload speed is 7.1  my question  is why is my speed constantly changing it seems to be going down a lot more lately also could you tell me what my upload speed should be I look forward to hearing back from you 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I can see that the sync speed did drop yesterday. Did you reboot the router at all to increase the speed again? The upload sync speed looks good, is this a wired speed test or wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  no I haven't  rebooted the router it just seems to drop and go back most of the time 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Ok thanks for confirming. Up until yesterday the sync speed did look very consistent. Would you say that the connection has been ok prior to yesterday or has it still been slow?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle no the connection has been slow at varying times of the day 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

I've re-read back through your thread and I can see that you've already tried 2 different routers. Is it mainly the wireless speeds which are varying? If it is then have you also previously tried separating the SSID's?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle hi yes it is mainly the wireless  speeds I have separated the wireless  to 5g and 2g I will do more regular speed test and keep  an eye on it and see how it goes it would be easier  if I could set it do regular random speed tests 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Ok thanks again for confirming and please let us know how the wireless speeds compare over the weekend.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle yes I will do 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michellejust done another speed test im only getting 11.6 download speed whats going on 

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi sharky110,

Sync speed is currently 38.3Mbps, what are your speed like this morning?

Chris