Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet/router crashes when watching NOWTV app on XBOX One

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi there

Recently subscribed to the NOWTV Entertainment package through Talktalk and I watch it using the NOWTV app on my XBOX One - but the internet keeps randomly crashing and the router resets itself, which means I have to keep restarting the app to continue watching.

On the advice seen in the link below, I am posting this here in the hopes it can be solved via the Online Community Team:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Consoles/PS4-app-crashes-Talktalk-router/m-p/413788#M2830

All other TV apps I use work fine, and the internet works fine, it is only when using this app that I'm experiencing this problem. 

According to this link, this may be due to my having an old router? My current router is the Huawei-HG633:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Consoles/Now-tv-app-on-ps4-crashes-my-router/td-p/417380

Could the router settings be reset remotely? Or could a new up-to-date router that the NOWTV app is compatible with be posted to me?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ncrooks1988

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a different router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Debbie

That's great, thank you very much for the quick response, I will update you as soon as possible

Many thanks again

Nicola

Highlighted
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Debbie

Many thanks for the new router, it seems to have solved the problem I'd been having 🙂

Highlighted

Hi

Glad the new router helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE