cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet speed getting slower and slower

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

There has been quite a few more drops though it is windy outside,  Not really an excuse for it though as there has been more severe wind than what is outside right now and the connection as stable at the time.

Is there still work being carried out on the line maybe?

Playing GT5 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife with my Chrome Enzo Ferrari 😉
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

So after a full day of disconnections,  resyncs and much frustration,  I ended up unplugging the DSL3782 and have reconnected the HG635.

sync speeds have improved using the HG635 

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):11606
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):46160
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):5.7
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.2
Upstream interleave depth:0
Downstream interleave depth:0
Line standard: VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB):0
Downstream line attenuation (dB):0
Upstream output power (dBm):7.5
Downstream output power (dBm):13.1
Downstream interleave depth:None
DSL up-time: 0 days 1 hour 2 minutes 13 seconds

Speedtests on the DSL3782 were maxing out into the mid 30's on the down sync,  And upload speeds were quite fine ( sitting at around 11mbps ) 

However on the HG635 I am getting 43.72mbps down / 10.62 up

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7236589697

I'll keep this router connected for now as it seems the HG635 is giving better results than the DSL3782.

I would like to try the HG633 if it's at all possible to see whether or not the connection will be just as good as it is on the HG635 as I feel the HG635 isn't too far off from failing altogether due to its age,  This was why I requested a new router to begin with,  But the DSL3782 seems to be giving less than optimal results and appears more prone to losing sync whereas the 635 did not.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gizmo1981,

Thanks for the update. I've ordered you a HG633, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi again.

Internet speeds have once again dropped

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Reduction in speed again

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):

Highlighted

Hi Gizmo1981,

I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Cheers.

Just a little update : 

Speeds have reduced further ( again ) 

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 7200
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 25000
Highlighted

Thanks for the update, there's been no update from our network team yet so I'm chasing this up for you. If you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread again on Monday

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Gizmo1981,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you requesting so other information 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I do not accept any engineer charges as this is quite obviously an external problem not connected to my property which means the responsibility of fixing the issue is down to yourselves and / or BT.

I have already had one engineer out whom confirmed that the cabinet is not even 500 metres from the property and that my speeds should be much higher than what I am getting.

It is funny that following the engineer visit,  He had done something on the line externally either at the cabinet or at the exchange itself and my speeds rocketed back up,  And a month or so later they are decreasing again.

I am also seeing no pm from you chris so I am unable to confirm anything you have asked for.

Highlighted

Hi Gizmo1981

Unfortunately we would be unable to arrange this visit without confirming acceptance of possible engineer charges.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Still slowing down.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7324848210

I want this to be resolved asap please,  This has been an ongoing issue since february and I am now getting past the point where my patience is holding strong.

I know the issue is not internal as the wiring is new as fitted by an Openreach engineer when I moved my service with me when I moved to my current address,  so I shouldn't be charged for an engineer visit.

Highlighted

Hi

If you can confirm acceptance of the BT Openreach TRC's  then our team can progress this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Yeah this is getting beyond a joke now.

0.6 upload on the latest speedtest,  And 19mb down.

It has been 5 months since the last post because it had gotten better,  But now the drops and subsequent speed drops have been so much that your so called "superfast" broadband is below average,  And certainly below my expected speed ranges.

There are no internal wiring issues here at the house,  And the drops only get seriously bad when there is a little rain or some wind.

I would like an engineer out to fix this

Highlighted
First Timer

The TalkTalk service is crap these days. I'm stopping my next payment at the end of the month, I've lost nearly £1,000 earnings in the last two weeks. I can do more business sat in the town square using the local WiFi.

Steven
Highlighted

Hi Gizmo1981

Please can you confirm possible engineer charges and we can then arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I can confirm yes.

Though if the problem is not in the property then I won't need to pay,  correct?

Highlighted

Hi Gizmo1981,

You can find an explanation of when you will and won't be charged here. Could you take a look at help article and if you still want to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know 

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Yes please go ahead with it.

Highlighted

Hi Gizmo1981

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie