Need help?

Internet very slow early in the morning

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Stable all weekend sync at 20,000. Disconnected about 4am today, sync at 18,000
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JohnFielder1

Your line is showing in sync at 18.7mb. The last changes made by DLM were on 05/07 and 08/07.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
DLM reset the sync speed Sunday morning
Highlighted

Hi John

I've checked the connection stats this morning and I can see that DLM changed the profile on 14/07.

Your line is currently in sync at 18mb.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Disconnection this morning. Now syncing at 16megs
Highlighted

Hi John

I've checked the connection stats and I can see that DLM changed the profile today and the speed has dropped to 16.5mb.

There is some interference showing. Has anything changed with your set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Wizz Kid
No change to the set up here
Highlighted

Hi John

DLM may change the profile again to increase the speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
4am this morning, DLM has disconnected and reconnected at 14megs, even slower
Highlighted

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. The line test is clear and I can only see 1 re-connection on the line so I'm not sure why the sync speed has dropped. Is the voice service ok? Have you made any changes over the last 24hrs?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
No changes in the last 24 hours

Phone line seems fine, was some hissing last time I used it, but that was a couple of days ago
Highlighted

Hi John,

Ok thanks. Would you like me to pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
You can try it. Why can't you get a report on WHY DLM keeps changing the sync speed? That information must be somewhere
Highlighted

Hi John,

I've asked our Network Team to take a look at this now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more. I've also asked about DLM.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi John,

Our Network Team have looked into this and advised that they can see errors on the line which is most likely why DLM is lowering the speed. (to try and reduce the errors on the line)

They have advised that they have sent a different make and model of router and if the errors are still present then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit so that this can be investigated further.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
I had an HG633 when I started this thread. It was slowing me down instead of disconnecting. I had to manually restart every morning to fix that. I don't see the point of sending me another one
Highlighted

Hi John,

Apologies, the router has already been sent. Would you like to progress this to an engineer visit? Also, is the router still connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
As you have already been told, the router is no longer on the test socket. You should also be able to see I have been swapped between D-Link and HG633 router constantly since I signed up for fibre over two years ago. The only router you use that I haven't had is the one you advertise on the TV (unless that is just a re boxed version of your old routers)
Highlighted

Hi

As this is a complex issue, would you like to try the new router to see if this behaves the same.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
If it actually is a different router inside the case, yes. But I've had multiple routers, BT and Talktalk Engineers all say there is no problem with the setup in the house. The last engineer checked the connection where the line comes in the house and he went on to look at the box down the road