Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet very slow early in the morning

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John,

I believe the replacement router will be a HG633. Would you like to go ahead and arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Can I leave the OpenReach engineer for a week or two. My wife's in hospital in Newcastle after a cancer op. and not sure when I will be in
Highlighted

Hi John

Yes of course, just reach out to us when it's more convenient. Best wishes to your wife.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Your HG633 arrived. I'll send it back when I get a chance
Highlighted

Hi John

If you would prefer to keep hold of the router until you are able to fully test it then this will be fine.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
You sent me my current D-Link router to replace an HG633. The HG633 was sent to replace a D-Link. Changing routers doesn't work. The HG633 does not disconnect and reconnect automatically when there is a fault on the line, it just slows the throughput to practically zero, and I have to restart manually. At least the D-Link reconnects automatically. I did not ask for this router
Highlighted

Hi John

Ok, did you also receive a returns bag?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Someone from your team had arranged to phone me between 12 and 2 yesterday. I stayed in for the call until 2:30. No one phoned. When I got back I checked 1471, no one had called. No one called after that.

My new router originally synced at 14megs. Now synced at 26megs, but actual download speed is 13megs. I did several supportal-test.co.uk speediest yesterday, all with computers connected via ethernet. There was also hissing on the line when I phoned the doctor yesterday

Highlighted

Hi John

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 24.9mb.

Is the noise present on all calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
The noise was on all calls (though we don't make many) but seemed fine When the Service Management Centre finally called back a 5pm yesterday.
Yesterday it was syncing at 24.9 but the download was only 13 (supportal-test.co.uk tests submitted using a wired connection).
This morning, DLM changed again with a similar sync, but download at 22megs
Highlighted

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

What did our Faults Team advise?

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
He said he had to consult with someone who is in this morning and he is ringing back today
Highlighted

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know how you get on once you have spoken to our Faults Team.

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Phone call arrange for between 12-2pm. Now 2:30. Got to go out

Not sure why your team arranged times
Highlighted

Hi John

Apologies for this.

Have you received a call since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
Yes, but yet again the system wasn't working properly at your end so he's ringing back today
Highlighted

Hi John

Apologies for this. If you don't receive a call at the agreed time then please let us know and we will investigate this fault via the Community.

Thanks

Debbie