Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ipcams have stopped sending me movement notification emails

6 REPLIES 6
Bassinvader
Participant

I have various ipcams which send me emails whenever motion is detected outside my property and insdie but both have stopped working last week - unfortunately the wifi hub doesnt have good enough diagnostics for me to trace the smtp requests from the cameras.

I also noticed that they no longer connect to the upnp on the wifi hub so I am wondering if the Hubs have been updated recently or do Talktalk have a policy of banning remote smtp senders runnning on ports 587 TLS SSL etc???

UPnP Failed: Rejected by UPnP Device, Maybe Port Conflict

In the 20 years I was with Virgin I never had this problem before¬!

The cameras when i do a test message all come with the error message:-

Test  ...  Failed
Can not connect to the server

Both cameras are cabled to the wifi hub.

Hub rebooted.

Cameras rebooted.

Connections all checked!

Its a right mystery.

The only thing I can do now is plug one of the cameras into my other network which runs through an ISA server and use it to diagnose what is going wrong with the smtp request and upnp?

Community Team

Hi Bassinvader,

I'm sorry to hear this. We now have new firmware, would you like to try this to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Bassinvader
Participant

Yes i really need my ipcam emails so yes definitely new firmware!

Community Team

Hi Bassinvader

I have updated your router firmware, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Bassinvader
Participant

Yes i see it has changed from 

SG4K10001e00t

to

SG4K10002600t

12 hours ago

But sadly it has not changed the result!!!

I have changed the DNS on the cameras to 79.79.79.79 but that has not worked either!

Can you send me the exact email details for TALKTALK and I will try and use my talktalk email account to send the emails to my gmail account?

I did try but maybe i missed something!

Community Team

Hi

TalkTalk email settings can be found here.

I would advise trying a pin reset of the router - to factory reset it following the firmware upgrade, then retest as we would not block the smtp requests on port 465 or 587 for Gmail.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bassinvader
Participant

I fixed it myself.

It seems talktalk are blocking the requests from my ipcams probably as your systems have detected them as possible spambots as the cameras will send perfectly fine if i connect them to my "3" Mifi adaptor!.

I changed the email sender to my talktalk account now and although it doesn't work with your official settings it will only work if i untick START/TLS - Having it on makes the cameras refuse to send!

Outgoing START/TLSYesYes

->>>

Outgoing START/TLSNoNo

and just use port 587 and account authentication on its own!

Your servers do not seem to like encryption lol

If i try on my linux box all i get is an error:-

openssl s_client -starttls smtp -connect smtp.gmail.com:587 -crlf

As it works through the mifi adapter that would suggest something is amiss on the talktalk Traffic shapers/IDS systems???

Hopefully that might help someone else who has the same problem!