cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is it possible to upgrade to Superfast Fibre without having to buy the WiFi Hub?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi there - Is it possible to upgrade to Superfast Fibre without having to buy the WiFi Hub?
I have Faster Fibre already, and have replaced TalkTalk's router with my own router - I would like to continue using my own router, but the upgrade option for Superfast Fibre won't let me remove the WiFi Hub (which is a one off payment of 30 quid).
Is it not possible to just continue using my own router?

Highlighted
Community Star

I am a bit puzzled here. If you just want to upgrade from Faster Fibre to Superfast Fibre then you should already have a suitable router and there should be no need to pay for a Hub. By what method have you been trying to place the order?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

pjrpjr_0-1582538900140.png

I've attached a screenshot - if I login and go to the shop (via any route), I click Check Eligibility for Faster Fibre, and end up on the page when I can upgrade (and add optional TV boosts etc).
There is on option to de-select the WiFi Hub that has been automatically added to my order. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hmm, OK, I have flagged this up to the support team for advice. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi pjrpjr

Apologies for this.

Please can you contact our Customer Service Team using our Live Chat facility, they should be able to place the order for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks - I'll try that.