cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is my Fibre running okay?

6 REPLIES 6
Conversation Starter

switched to fibre from standard mid-December and I don't see any real improvement in service. If anything experiencing 'drop outs' when casting Now TV to Smart TV which never happened with standard broadband, even Netflix seem a little more sluggish. have rebooted router, performed full switch off of router for 40min/hour, just wondered if everything looks to be running okay? (have factory reset chromecast also)

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mickyt160,

Sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable at the moment? Does this also affect wired devices or just wireless?

Thanks

Conversation Starter

Appears to be wireless connection regards indifferent performance. Variable picture quality casting now tv. Also repeated dropouts casting, not experienced previously. No problems say viewing iPlayer through wired tv box

Hi Mickyt160

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested different wireless channels to see how the connection compares?

Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Great, I'll give that a try. Thanks

Conversation Starter

just in addition, I do have a message within the 'service center' which reads

'You have a Huawei-HG633 but the 'software needs updating to the latest version.

Amber coloured exclamation within Router 'box' of service center screen. Been showing for a while?

Hi Mickyt160

Your router firmware has now updated to version v2.00t.

Thanks

Debbie